People Talk

~~~DANIA's POV~~~

I watched Katie pace my bedroom the next morning as we got ready for school. Even though it was a school night she got to stay over. Today her mom would be testifying and she was coming over super early anyway so Katie just stayed the night. 

We finished doing each others hair as Papi poked his head in the door "You girls ready to go? Chris and Skye have just arrived and are eating all the donuts!"

"BACK AWAY FROM THE DONUTS" I shouted as we laughingly hurried downstairs. I grinned when Skye held out a chocolate sprinkled one to me as a peace offering. I grinned taking it after thanking her.

Lin laughed at us as we chatted about the dance that we were having for Halloween. It was nice to have our mind off the trial for a few moments. "So what do you think Papi, do you think us three could pull of the Schuyler sisters?"

"I really do. Skye would be a perfect Angelica, Katie makes a great Eliza, and you my girl will always be and Peggy" he said as I made a face.

"You do realize in the second act I become Maria right?" I teased.

"Nope just Peggy" he said laughing. "You are NOT allowed to become Maria EVER! My little girl will always remain pure."

"And with that note we must leave" Chris said trying to avoid the argument he knew was coming. He had heard it before between us.

~~~ANNALEIGH'S POV~~~

The moment we stepped into the courthouse everyone descended on me. They knew I was the doctor who was treating both Lin and Dania. I deflected the questions as best I could and we made it into the courtroom with little issue.

I sat watching the people file in with a trained eye. I noticed how people drifted here and there talking to people they knew. I also noticed that when Keegan and Darcy walked in them seemed happy. I did notice some bruises on Darcy but I chalked that up to nothing at this point as I did not know her.

"Annaleigh Wilson, MD" I stated as I took the stand a few moments later. "Both Mr Miranda and his daughter have been under my care since the kidnapping."

"How would you describe Mr Miranda's status?"

"He is quiet competent and very well aware of what happened. We have been working on getting past the stress that the kidnapping had brought on him. He spoke of the beatings at the hands of Keegan and his cohorts. I have all my findings in the report" I said. "I also included all the stuff I have worked with Dania on as well."

"Exhibits 4-7" he said as he motioned to the folders that were open on the judges stand. "No further questions."

"Dr Wilson is it true your daughter Katie and Dania are friends?" Mr Gruff asked

"Yes it is. They are both the same age and attend the same school" I replied. "They have become good friends."

"Do you discuss the case with your daughter?" he asked

"Of course not" I said glaring at him. "That would be highly unethical. Plus all my meetings with my clients are confidential. If I told what happened inside my office to the public bad things woud happen to good people. I only speak of such things when it is a danger to the person or the public itself."

"No further questions" Mr Gruff said leaving my comment hanging in the wind.

"Right to re cross examine" the lawyer asked and the judge nodded.

"So Dr Wilson you daughter is friends with Dania, does that affect how you treat her?"

"No of course not. I do not favor one of my clients over another. I treat them all equally and I listen to what they say with an open mind."

"Did Dania tell you about the rape and her child?"

"Yes she did. Until today no one outside of me knew what was said in that office. She talked about how brutally Mr Alman raped her and then beat her. She also discussed how he had done things to her during her entire pregnancy" I sighed knowing what would be the next question.

"Can you please elaborate for the court?"

"Mr Alman was the last man to rape her the night that her daughter was conceived. He raped her multiple times and then beat her. He left her on the couch sobbing and in pain. Over the course of the next several months he returned to the house and beat her. When he discovered she was pregnant, according to Dania, he threatned her life. He was also the one who told her aunt and uncle which caused the early arrival of her daughter."

"No further questions"

A/N

Oh my word I hope this makes sense LOL I swear I tried to make it make sense but what was in my head and what I wrote down are two different things. Anyway I started writing the AU version of this story, go and enjoy!