The night comes alive

The cast had just finished their bows when I saw two ushers make their way over to Vanessa and I. I had no clue what was going but it seemed Vanessa did as she took my hand and we followed them backstage.

"So tonight marks a historic event for me and my family" Lin was saying onstage as we moved to the wings. "Seven plus years ago this story took root in my brain and it wouldn't leave me alone. Through a chance performance at the White House it moved from a mixtape to maybe it could be a musical. Through countless hours in crowded rooms we worked hard to make this into the show you saw tonight. I first and foremost have to thank Alex, Tommy, Andy, and the rest of the backers. You kept me on track and made sure I wouldn't go astray from the plan. To my amazing cast, thank you for giving of your time and talents to drive this show. If it weren't for you, it wouldn't work the way it does. Whatever happens after this night, I do truly believe that we have birthed a show that will outlive all of us."

When he motioned for mami and I to come forward I hesitated for just a moment. What on earth did he have up his sleeve. We moved out onto the stage and Papi smiled "So as most of you know, this is my beautiful wife Vanessa. The amazing young lady next to her is our daughter Dania. Our son Sebastian is at home but we miss you buddy. These people right here have been there through every up and down of this show. They have made me a better man and a better father. I love them both and have this for each of them" he said taking two jewelry shaped boxes from Chris. He handed Vanessa her's first and inside was a birthstone necklace. He slipped it around her neck and gave her a kiss. I opened mine to find a locket necklace. I opened it to find on one side a picture of Him and Vanessa and on the other side was the cast of Hamilton. I shed a few tears as he slipped it around my neck. I kissed his cheek whispering my gratitude.

He then turned back to the audience "Thank you for being an amazing audience. I already know you will spread word far and wide just how great this show is. I look forward to seeing many of you again and again. Be safe out in this crazy world and goodnight" he said as the audience erupted one last time into thunderous applause. We all hurried offstage so they could get changed for the party.

We soon had were on our way to the piers. I couldn't stop fiddling with my necklace as I had my head laid on Lin's shoulder. Tonight had been one hell of a ride for all of us as a family. Now we were off to celebrate in style and I was looking forward to it! So many people were going to this party that we had rented out several busses. When we all arrived at the piers music from the Roots was already blasting.

We took time to get our pictures taken outside on our way in. Papi took some alone and then with other cast mates. Then it was our turn and I loved how he made sure I was the center of attention. He didn't like how some of the photographers were trying to just focus on my parents. I was there because I was important to them and they made sure others knew it.

Once inside the pier it was chaotic but very organized. Food was in one place, there was a huge dance floor in the middle. Tables had been set up along the waters edge and one was assigned just for us. I took a plate with some food on it over to the table and began to nibble. I was far too excited to eat much, I just watched everyone else out on the floor having fun.

Lin took to the mike halfway through the night and smiled "I want to share something with you guys I wrote during our first preview at the public. I had planned to share this on August 6th but life changed that. It is truly befitting to share it with you tonight."

Enjoy Life

Tonight I ask that you take a look around

Find someone new to astound

You have amazing gifts to share

stop thinking no one will care

If we let life get us down

we will always be wearing a frown

So I am taking a cue from my lovely wife

and am now taking time to enjoy life!

The band began to play a slow song afterwards and he came over to me. He smiled "May I have this dance?"

I sighed "I'm not a good dancer. I am going to try though" as he he pushed my chair out onto the floor. He twirled me around in my chair as the music moved us. I could just imagine one day doing this at my wedding. Maybe I would be on my feet then. I was brought out of my thoughts when loud booms were heard over head. I looked up to see fireworks had started. Lin pushed me over to where we could both watch. Vanessa joined us as we watched the night sky light up overhead. This time I wasn't jumpy or scared, I was safe with the family that loved me.

As the party wind down people began to leave and we all realized just how tired we were. As we left the theater I realized that tonight was the beginning of the last few days before school started. I looked over at my parents "Can we do something special Sunday before school starts?"

"You betcha kiddo" Lin said smiling. Soon we arrived home and instead of putting me in my chair Lin carried me upstairs. I snuggled into his arms and felt safe there. He told me that he wanted to do this as tonight was one of the few times he would get to once school started. I realized that he was right when he said tonight changed our family's life but it was for the better. I fell asleep to him singing One last time to me softly.

A/N
Please read the AU chapter and give me feedback. It's nagging at me and I need more feedback before I can continue in that direction or not.