Trial pt 2

~~~LIN'S POV~~~

It killed me to watch her up on the stand reliving that nightmare of a time we spent in that horror house. I wanted to run up there and pull her into my arms and tell her it was going to be alright. I knew I couldn't but Vanessa and I held hands as we watched her brave through Mr Penn's questions.

~~~DANIA'S POV~~~

"So Miss Miranda is it now?" Mr Gruff said coming up toward the witness stand. "How long have you known Keegan Alman?"

"Yes I took the last name of my adoptive parents" I replied quietly. "I have known Keegan for 4 years while living with my decesased Aunt and Uncle."

"During those 4 years prior to the kidnapping had Mr Alman ever exhibted unwelcome behavior toward you? Ever threatened to hurt you?"

"Yes!" I said firmly. "He raped me and beat me when I was just 13 years old, he could be the father of my child."

Mr Gruff cut me off "This is all hearsay as you have zero proof that the child wasn't a product of you sleeping around. Since the child is not here for us to perform a DNA test then there is no way of knowing exactly what happened that night. You could've been drunk or high, as was the case on a few occassions was it not?"

"I was drunk only when my aunt or uncle spiked my drink. I got high ONCE and it was on accident. I was drunk, thanks to my aunt, and I picked up a joint. Once I took a puff off it I got sick. I had to clean up my own vomit, my family didn't care. When Keegan raped me he didn't care. He tossed me in the living room half clothed and alone. He abused me while pregnant as well" I sighed rubbing my hands together.

"So we are to believe the word of a 14 year old over a grown man? Miss Miranda you never did tell us why you tried to abort the baby? Was it because you were ashamed and didn't want to tell your loving family? Possibly you wanted to be free to enjoy sleeping around again?"

"NO" I shouted balling my fists as tears threatened to spill again. "I was a terrified 13 year old who was raped and alone. I had NO ONE in my corner and I had no clue what to do. My family was useless, I had no friends, and I sure as hell wasn't about to call Mr Alman for help. I didn't at the time realize I had other choices until I went to the clinic. When I was presented other options I realized that I didn't want to kill my baby. I choose to keep her because I wanted her, nothing more. I never have slept around nor will I ever sleep around, I can't stand the sight of guys as a matter of fact" I said as Keegan laughed at me.

"Mr Alman you find something funny?" The judge asked glaring at the man.

"No your honor" he replied quickly shutting up.

"We have no further questions for the witness at this time" Mr Gruff said and I was allowed to leave the stand.

A/N

I know it's short but I found it easier as I said to break these up into 3 parts. There is one last part I need to write and it should be up later today.

~~~BIG NOTE~~~
Gonna just say this now and hope it gets to the right people. I am getting the cold shoulder all of a sudden from a few people. I don't know what I did or who I pissed off but I AM SORRY!!! I doubt this will do any good but at least I feel better since no one else will listen to me.  *sigh* this is what led me to stop writing last time 😢