Nighttime Fluff

I watched the retreating people leave out of the house from the upstairs balcony. Papi was standing beside my chair, hand on it steadying himself. I smiled up at him "We are finally home. No more nurses coming in at ungodly hours or doctors drawing blood. We can sleep in our own beds for once."

He just nodded as we moved back into my bedroom. I got changed quickly in the bathroom leaving the door cracked in case he needed me or vice versa. We had started this habit at the hospital and I just felt safer continuing it here at home. I rolled back out a few minutes later to find him in his usual mario sleep pants and paint splattered t-shirt. He was sitting on my bed reading a few of the notes that had been left outside the door.

I hoisted myself up on the bed and got comfortable in the pillows I had missed so much. I patted the space beside me "Come on over here. We have to continue our bedtime routine you know."

He chuckled lightly "I figured it would end once we got home."

"NO WAY!" I exclaimed laughing. "There is no way I am going to let you out of me singing us to sleep. Come on Papi, we have to keep tradition and maybe the nightmares will stay away" I whispered the last part.

He nodded laying beside me in bed holding me close like we did at the hospital. It had started on one of the nights where I couldn't fall asleep for the nightmares. I had rolled myself into his room to find him wide awake as well. I got into bed with him even though most thought it silly for a 14 year old to be in bed with her father. I didn't care, it was what calmed us both down. I had that night sang Seasons of Love and Vanessa had woken us up the next morning seeing us asleep like that. I smiled as I hummed a very familiar tune to him.

"Yes that one will work" he said yawning. I began to sing Children will listen as he drifted off to sleep beside me. How is it I had become the parent in this situation, I have no idea. I just loved the idea that we had a calming effect on each other. I soon was asleep as well knowing that we were both safe at home.

A/N

Fluffiness overload yet? Next chapter not so fluffy but you should know by now I am evil writer girl LOL I hope you guys are having as much fun as I am with this story. I will eventually move ahead because we have to get to school UGH and birthdays!!!(her's and mine are 11/22!) and so much more fun. As always be kind to each other! Also I'm taking a break before my mind explodes with ideas, but I should have the next chapter up before bed.