Author Q&A

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

My name is Dania and I live in a small town in Texas. I am out of school all together and I have a regular job that keeps me very busy. I am not married and I do not have any children.

How did you come up with the title?

My story is about a girl being raised by the guy who plays Alexander Hamilton. The cast of the show is part of her family. So the title fits everything in her life so that is where Family of Hamilton comes from.

How do you select the names of your characters?

That part was actually mostly easy. As a lot of the characters are based off people in Hamilton I of course use their names. Then I went with people who are in my life whether dead or alive. The bad people are based off people I actually know for a fact are not nice people. My love interest is based on someone very special to me. I do use a few random names here and there though.

Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?

Dania is a quiet and very shy young lady. She comes from a broken home and has been to hell and back. Her love of musical theater got her through so much.

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?

I would love to see Anna Kendrick or maybe Rebel Wilson tackle Dania.

What period of your life do you find you write about most often? (child, teenager, young adult)

Actually a little bit of everything is included in my story. Most of my childhood is seen in flashbacks and stuff. My teenage years are nothing like they are in the story.

Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?

A touch of both. Mostly the people are based on real life people. Most of the rest is from my imagination.

What was your hardest scene to write?

Chatper 100 rewind! That took me four tries before I had it the way I wanted it! The chapter itself was really hard to write, to see Dania so upset with Lin. It was very emotional but I loved how it turned out!

What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?

Well that is a toss up between several but honestly it would have to be the chapter titled SURPRISE! It contained so much joy and happiness. It was the chapter I had wanted to write and it turned out amazing.

What do you think makes a good story?

One that has great character development. One that you can follow easily and fall in love with. The number of chapters/words it has doesn't matter to me.

Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?

A little of both, although mostly original. My readers tend to be quiet and I never really hear from them LOL If they have ideas I would LOVE to hear from you guys!

How did you choose the genre you write in?

Fiction was the best place for my story. I mean a LOT of this stuff has happened in real life but Dania is a purely fictional character in the world of Hamilton.

Where do you get your ideas?

Most of my ideas come from real life situations. I also draw from my own imagination at times.