A Day in the Life

"Ummm well this will be a rather weird day" I chuckled as I watched Papi get things together for us to leave. "I mean that in the nicest sense Papi, it's just when Mami suggested it I wasn't so sure. Now I can see this could be a very informative day."

He grinned at me "Well you have shadowed about half the creative team by now. You are shadowing Tommy next week and David is the week after. So it makes perfect sense for you to shadown me for once. I mean you won't have to during the show but I have SO much I do outside of the show.""

I nodded "That's an understatement if I ever heard one. What's on tap first today?" I asked as I pulled my own backpack onto my back as we slipped on our shoes.

"I have a meeting with Disney, we are going to discuss Moana's premiere. After that I have a visit to the gym to work with my trainer. Then we are stopping for lunch with Mami before the first show of the day."

I nodded as we got into the uber car that Papi had called for us. We made it to the meeting with time to spare. I was introduced to some of the team I had yet to meet which was nice. I sat in the background as they talked shop as Papi called it.

"You and the rock will do You're Welcome as part of the opening of the show. Then Auli'l

will come out after you guys introduce her, and do a Hula presentation. Then a few more songs will be performed before we move inside to watch the movie. Afterwards there will be a Q&A with you and some of the cast. Any questions?"

Papi smiled "Not at this point, it actually sounds like a lot of fun. We still are projecting for this tour to be about 2 weeks correct?"

They nodded "Yes there abouts, we have several stops planned. Is there a problem with that?"

"No just making sure things haven't changed. As you guys know I have to be in London in mid-November to begin the ground work for Mary Poppins Returns. I just need to keep everyone informed if there are changes" he replied.

The meeting continued for another 45 minutes before we had to leave for his meeting with his trainer. We went to the gym that I had been to a few times before, it was close to the theater. His trainer, Jonas, was waiting on us when we got there. Papi and I both got changed into gym clothes and began a rather vigorous workout.

"It's no wonder you come to the theater out of breath somedays"I chuckled as we left the gym. "Jonas really puts you through your paces. I need to get my own personal trainer when we get back to the states. I'm sure we'll find somewhere to workout in London right?"

"Yep" he grinned as we changed and headed toward lunch. "I have a couple of leads thanks to Jonas. He gave me a list of people to make contact with once we get there. I can't let my body slide while we are out of the country. Not with as much abuse as it will take during Mary Poppins Returns."

We grabbed a quick bite at a local deli near the theater and made it with an hour to spare. We seperated long enough for me to get into my costume for the show and he got changed as well. I sat in his dressing room and watched him open his fan mail.

"This is all apart of my daily routine" he explained as he read letters and put aside trinkets people had sent him. "I usually write fans notes back once a week, usually on Sunday or Monday. That's why I try and keep everything together. Once I read the letter I put it back with whatever trinket someone might send. Edible stuff I usually eat and then write on the note they send with the edibles what it was. On mail call day I usually get almost 2 full bags. When we go to London it's going to be different that's for sure."

I nodded "I usually get maybe a half a bag full a week. Anyway so we'll both do our jobs onstage and then I'll see you at the end of the show. I love you Papi, I'm having a blast so..what?"