An Argument

I sat in the back of the car listening to Papi and Mami talk quietly up front. My mind was on what had happened in the court room over the last few hours. The whole world now knew about what happened last year. How would Skye and Katie react, would they stop being my friends. What about those who Papi associated with, would they hate me for the things I did. 

My phone vibrating brought me out of my thoughts and I looked at the caller ID. It was better now than later "Hey Skye. Uh hold on..Papi can Skye come over please? He said sure. Come over in about 2 hours okay? Great see you then."

When Skye rang the doorbell two hours later I was the one to open the door. She said nothing but followed me up to my room. I was prepared for shouting or for being told off but what I got really surprised me.

"What you did today was so brave" she said smiling at me. "I don't know how Katie feels but I have to tell you I am glad you stood up to him. I wish I had found out about your daughter and all that beforehand though."

I sighed "Yeah I know but how on earth do you bring something up like that in conversation. Oh hey I have a kid I tried to abort but who is alive, that would be a conversation ender. We are trying to find her now" I admitted.

"Then what? Are you going to take her back even if she's in a happy home? I mean come on we are just teenagers and barely that. There is no way you can raise her" Skye said wide eyed.

"How the fuck do you know? Have you had a kid and thought they were dead? Have you had nightmares of all the things that happened to you? Guess what I have" I snapped. "Sure if she's happy where she is I'm not going to ruin her life but guess what if she lives in a place like where I lived I am going to take her back! I don't give a damn if you like it or not" I shouted. "LEAVE NOW" I shouted not caring to hear what else she had to say. I turned my chair around and rolled as fast as I could to my bathroom and locked myself inside.

Sometime later I heard a knock on the door "Sweetie are you okay?" Vanessa asked from the other side of the door.

"GO AWAY" I sobbed as I looked at myself in the mirror. I was a horrible monster right now, and the world knew it. I was no longer the perfect child or perfect best friend. Today's court proceedings showed that. I just wanted this all to go away as I held the razor blade to my wrist.

"Dania I am coming in there" Lin warned as I heard a key turn in the lock. Oh shit I forgot they probably had a skeleton key to get in any room. I put the razor back in the cabinet where I had found it and sighed as the door opened.

"Oh thank goodness" Vanessa sighed seeing me still in one piece. "I thought you might've tried something. Skye said you were really upset and she was really worried about you when she left. What happened between the two of you?"

Lin nodded "Chris said when she got home she went to her room and hasn't come out. Did you two have a fight?"

"You could say that" I sighed. "She started questioning my motives for searching for Ryan. Then she said I'd be an unfit mother and it all went downhill from there. I got really angry and asked her to leave. I figured she wouldn't want to be my friend anyway after all that happened today."

Vanessa sighed "You didn't even give her a chance after you blew up at her. She realized her mistake and told me so. She wanted to fix things but you were just to upset to hear her. You both need some cooling off time but this isn't a reason to loose your best friend."

I just shrugged not sure what else I could say, I had destroyed one happiness already today. I knew if I opened my mouth I would probably make my parents angry too. No one understood what the trial had done to me. What seeing Keegan going after Darcy like that had done to me.

"Come on down to supper" Lin urged. "Sebastian has missed you and keeps asking for you. Come on and celebrate the fact that we did win and Keegan is gone for good. This is going to end up turning out okay."

I sighed "If you say so Papi."

A/N

Well there ya go, some interesting developments there. Next will be a diary entry as I want to speed us up to the Halloween party. Yes! They will make up before then but there will be some angst contained in the diary LOL