A day at the Beach

I was awoken a few days later with Sebastian shoving his sand pail in my face. I laughed gently as I pushed it away. I was so glad that I could pick him up now as the restrictions had been lifted. I carried him into the kitchen where Papi was cooking up a breakfast of oatmeal and fresh fruit.

"So I wanted to do a light breakfast and easy lunch today" he explained as he spooned out the food. "That way we can enjoy a delicious seafood dinner. Where is Skye?"

"In the shower" I replied smiling. "She usually gets up and ready first in the morning. Is Mami doing okay today?"

"She is" he smiled nodding as Vanessa walked out of their shared bedroom. "I just let her sleep in a bit since we have a busy day ahead. Why don't you go get ready while I finish feeding your brother."

I nodded heading back toward my room after stopping to give Vanessa a hug. When I entered Skye was just walking out of the bathroom in just a towel. I took a moment to give her a once over before grabbing my suit and heading into the bathroom to change. I left the door open so we could talk.

"Are you excited about visiting the ocean?" she asked as she pulled on her two piece suit. With all the scars I had on my body I doubted I would ever wear a two piece suit again. "I know I am as I've never seen a real clean beach."

"Same" I replied as I glanced at myself in the mirror. The long scar on my stomach was not as red as it had been but was still very noticeable. I also noticed scars from the abuse I had growing up and when I was pregnant with Ryan. They were daily reminders from the life I had before I met Lin...well my real dad. "Can I tell you something?"

"Sure" she replied as I walked out into our room in my bathing suit. She handed me the cover up we had bought together.

"I want to do something special for Lin but I'm not sure what. I mean he has done SO MUCH for me over the last 2 years. Now to add to it he's actually my real biological father, I need to do I don't know what" I sighed.

"Hmm let me think on that" Skye said smiling. "Oh and did you ever finally fall back asleep? This is the first nightmare you've had in SO long."

I nodded "I was up at least 2 hours before sleep finally came. I thought I was past all this and then after the events of yesterday it all triggered again."

~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~

We had just finished riding the Harry Potter ride and were heading toward the train so that Sebastian could get his fix. We passed a shop and I saw what seemed to be someone I knew. At first I couldn't place him but as we made our way onto the train I got a better look.

"Dania...DANIA" Lin said trying to get my attention. I had zoned out and had a terrified look on my face according to him. He shook me gently "Dania snap out of it."

"Wha? What?" I asked finally coming around. I quickly looked around for signs of him and didn't see him. I sighed "Sorry I thought I saw someone."

"Who was it?" Vanessa asked concerned

"Dustin" I whispered and I felt Skye's grip on my hand tighten.

"Where?" Lin demanded as he looked around the crowded train car. I pointed a bit ahead of us and to the right. He walked up there and came back moments later sighing "He's not there now. I hope he's not here kiddo because if I ever get ahold of him before the cops it won't end well for him."

~~~~END FLASHBACK~~~~

"Seeing Dustin in my dreams is making me misreable" I explained. "It's like I can't escape him no matter how hard I try. I thought this vacation would help."