Family Vacation

It had been exactly 2 months since I was shot and today we were boarding a plane for Orlando for 2 weeks. We had a little over a month before we would head to London and Papi had to leave for his Moana stuff the moment we arrived back in NYC. I felt much better leaving because the kid who shot me was still on the loose. I needed this distraction.

When our flight was called we boarded first since we were flying first class. Sebastian sat next to me on the plane while Lin and Vanessa sat across the aisle from us. I gave Sebastian his backpack we had packed just for the plane once we took off. We colored and played with his trains. We also ate snacks that the flight attendants passed out to us.

"Excuse me miss" one of the flight attendants said. "Would you and your brother like to meet the captains?"

I looked at Sebastian who nodded eagerly. I picked him and and followed the flight attendant up front. The captain was standing outside the cockpit with his first mate. They both smiled at us.

"Hey wait I know you" the captain said. "My daughter is OBSESSED with Hamilton! How are you doing? She told me all about the drama surronding your last night at the show."

"I'm doing much better" I replied smiling politely. "My parents, Sebastian, and I are headed for a two week family vacation. Would you like for me to sign something for your daughter? I bet my dad would sign something as well."

The captain nodded and handed me a piece of paper he had in his pocket. He then gave both Sebastian and I pilot wings and cool pins. His first mate also gave us little souviner planes to keep. I autographed the paper and then hurried over to Papi and explained what happened. He eagerly signed the paper as well and I handed it back to the captain.

"Angie, that's my daughter, is going to be so surprised when I show her this" he said grinning.

I nodded "Would you like a picture too? I mean if that's something allowed on a plane? I've only flown 2 times in my entire life."

"Yes it is" he said as I took out my camera and handed it to the flight attendant. She snapped our picture and then I promised to send it to his phone when we landed.

After the excitement of meeting the captain Sebastian was worn out. He laid his head on my lap and promptly fell asleep for the remainder of the flight. I carried him off the plane when we got to Orlando.

I was thankful when Lin said he had hired us a car and driver for the two weeks we were there. We met Jimmy our driver at the luggage carousel. Papi and Jimmy stood waiting for our suitcases to come round while Mami and I made a much needed pit stop. After we all met back up Jimmy took us to our SUV that we would have for our trip.

We drove almost an hour to get to the house Papi had rented for our two week stay. It was literally minutes outside of Disney and close to Universal. We had a week for Disney, a few days at Universal, and a beach day planned. We also had rest days built in at my doctor's urging.

"WOW" Sebastian squealed as he ran around the house. Having lived in an apartment all his life this was new to him. I loved his enthuasim and it was contagious as Lin ran after him from room to room.

I laughed at their antics "They are two peas in a pod. I am glad this place has a pool, I can work on my tan. I feel much better with this change of scenery, I am glad we could still come."

Mami smiled nodding "Your Papi needed this almost as much as you did. Once we get to London he is going to be busy. We are going to do lots of stuff though so no worries. Shall we get into our swimsuits and swim for a bit while those two play?"

I nodded and grabbed my bag that had my suit in it. I walked down the long hall that was off the living room and was amazed at how many bedrooms the place had. I picked the one that was facing the outside with a beautiful view of the backyard and beyond. It had a nice big canopy bed and lots of space. I chucked my travel clothes into the corner of the room and stared at myself in the mirror over the chest of drawers. My scar on my stomach had faded a little but it was still very noticeable. It was a good thing I didn't wear mid-driff bearing clothes. I pulled on my one piece suit and cover up and headed for the pool.

  "Hey kiddo" Lin called as I passed him in the hallway. "We'll be at the pool once Sebastian is awake."

"Okay Papi" I said heading out the door. I smiled at Mami "How's the temp? I hate cold water."

She laughed "It's perfect actually. Come on in, we can swim until the boys join us. I am glad I took Sebastian to swim classes when he was little. He loves the water."

We swam for almost an hour before Papi and Sebastian joined us. I lounged on a floating raft with Sebastian's floating choo choo toy nearby in the shallow end. Mami and Papi were off in the deep end playing together. I could already tell this trip was going to bring us even closer as a family.

We decided to cook a meal at home that night as we would be eating out lots when we visited the parks. Papi grilled up some steaks while Mami and I fixed the vegetables. I looked at her and she seemed to be glowing "Mami is there something your not telling me?"

She chuckled "Can you keep a secret?" She then whispered something I about shouted it out loud. She smiled "I have a special surprise planned while we are on vacation. I wanted to tell your Papi in a very meaningful way. So if you see me NOT riding certain rides you will know why."

A/N

I know you can guess what the surprise is LOL Anyway I have a very special way for her to tell him. It involves a certain animated Disney movie they both love LOL

Oh and yeah I'm back for now. I may not post everyday but I will get us through Disney before vacation. I have brain stormed ideas for London which helped me get back on track!