A New Home

I rolled behind Lin and Vanessa toward the car after having said goodbye to all my friends at the rehab center. I had Sebastian on my lap as we made it out to the parking lot. I froze when we stopped at the car. Sebastian looked up at me wondering why we had stopped.

"Dania is there something wrong?" Lin asked as he opened the door getting ready to put Sebastian in first. "You want to go home right?"

I took a deep breath and handed Sebastian to Lin. Then I replied "Yes I want to go home, I am just scared. I mean last time I was in a car I ended up in this chair. I keep flashing back to that moment everytime I hear a car outside. Dr Yee said I have a touch of PTSD but others just think I'm crazy."

Lin shook his head "Your not crazy! You had such a traumatic experience that it is right for you to be leary of getting back in a car. Thing is that you have to let go of the fear or at least try to. You can't let it hold you back darling. Vanessa and I will be in this car with you and so will Sebastian. Sing songs to Sebastian to pass the time and we'll be home in no time" he promised as he scooped me out of my chair. He gently set me down in the seat next to Sebastian's car seat. I buckled myself in as Lin stowed my wheelchair in the back.

When we took off out of the parking lot I was fine. I had begun humming little mermaid songs to keep my mind off the road. As we got closer to the theater district I began to panic. Sebastian took his toy train he was holding and handed it to me. He smiled "Sissy...train".

I took the train from him not sure what to think of being called Sissy. His words calmed me though and I went back to singing/humming Disney songs for the rest of the car ride. I heard Lin chuckle "You got Sebastian's first words. Vanessa and I figured it would be train but didn't figure it would be connected to you."

I shrugged "It's all good. I love Sebastian, he has such a calming influence on me. I'm just not sure what to make of being anyone's sister, I never had that luxury."

Vanessa smiled "Don't worry, you'll be just fine. Now here we are" she said smiling as we pulled up to a rather large apartment building. "We have the top floor to ourselves, we got lucky. Plus there is an elevator so no worries."

I smiled "Yeah stair and I don't mix. I love this place already and I haven't even been inside." I helped Sebastian out of his car seat as Lin got my chair. Then Vanessa took Sebastian as Lin helped me get situated.

Once up on the top floor I was amazed by just how much space we had. I also came to realize that everything had been rearranged just for me. I sighed inwardly as I hated to put people out. I rolled over to the baby grand in the corner that had windows looking out over the New York skyline. I would have to ask Lin about using the piano another time. I also got a tour of the kitchen and family room. Lin's office door was shut but he promised to let me see inside someday soon.

Next we took the elevator(A/N yes one inside the apartment) to the second floor. My room was the one directly off to your right but we went to the left first. I found Sebastian's nursery, another office with LOTS of books, and Lin and Vanessa's room. I also noticed a little button/box type thing on the wall. Lin noticed me looking at it and smiled "You'll see shortly. Let's go check out your room."

We rolled back out of their room and moved to one of the last three rooms on that floor. The room with a big BLUE bow had to be mine. I still wondered how they knew blue was my favorite color. I undid the bow and the doors opened. I looked around for how that happened and Lin pointed it out to me.

"SENSORS" I said in shock. There were sensors installed in the floor that told the door when someone needed inside. I laughed "This is perfect, now I don't have to worry about doorknobs."

We proceeded inside and I gasped in surprise. I had a HUGE canopy bed with blue bedding already on it. It was one of those specialized beds so that I wouldn't have trouble getting in and out of it. I had a desk already set up with a computer and lots of bookshelves. My favorite part though was the huge windows that looked out over the city. I knew I would love spending time in this room.

"So there is a bath attached to this room" Vanessa explained. "We had it fitted with everything the therapists suggested. Now for the buzzer, it's connected to one here in this room. If you need us for ANY reason you push this button and we will come running."

I nodded my headed still in shock to be really able to put words together. I had been given the best gift ever and I was not really sure how to thank them. I rolled over to the desk and smiled at the pictures already on it. The one with me and the entire cast before my accident made me sad a little yet gave me motivation as well. I looked up at Lin and Vanessa "So when does my in home therapy start? I want to get back to it."

"Not for another day or two. We wanted to give you time to adjust" Lin explained. "Plus IF you are up to it I wanted to take you with me to sit in on the cast recording. We lay the ground work tomorrow and the cast wants to see you again. Also you can't see the show live yet, I mean I can't even set foot in the theater yet. They are just now laying the turntables down so the floor isn't ready. So yeah they figured it was a fine time to work on the cast recording. Anyway so I would love it if you joined me tomorrow please."

I nodded "Sure thing! I would love to see everyone again and I love the music already." My stomach then decided to let me know it was hungry. I laughed a little "So what's to eat??"

A/N

So I can't promise this will be the last you hear from me tonight LOL I also have to apologize if the timeline seems a bit crazy, I can't remember from memory what all happened after they left the public. Also next chapter is going to be seriously NOT fun, actually sad but we have the recording studio to look forward to.

Anyway do I have some readers out there that aren't already bored with this? I hope you guys are doing great, thanks for reading. As always be kind to one another!