Hospitals SUCK

Day 4:

It sucks to be stuck in the hospital yet again! I could probably go home tomorrow as the internal bleeding has stopped and my foot is in a cast. I just can't leave Papi, he's given us several scares already. Plus he wakes up with nightmares and I have zero idea of how to comfort him. Mami is here as much as possible, as is Chris and everyone else. Alex is coming by tomorrow to talk to us about something, I hope Papi is ready for this.

"Hey" Alex said as he entered the room the next morning. I was sitting in bed with Papi looking at his phone. Mami had sent us a cute video of Sebastian and we were giggling over how cute he was.

"Hey" I smiled back answering for both of us. Papi was still on vocal rest and was only allowed to talk when in therapy which was killing him. I smiled "I know strange not to hear him talking right?"

Alex chuckled "Kiddo you have zero idea how bad I miss that voice. His texts since he got phone privileges back has been enough to keep me busy. I think 4 days sent Twitter into a panic, especially after the press release. I am glad to see him up and smiling at least. The doctors say he's past the worst part."

I nodded "Yeah but they want to keep him here at least 3 more days. Then we'll have vocal therapy with that guy you sent, who is amazing by the way, every day at home. I know we are both itching to get out of her. Uh why is your bag moving" I giggled just having noticed that.

Just then a very familiar head poked out of the bag Alex was carrying and I squealed in delight. Alex carefully set Tobi on the bed in Lin's lap. To say his face lit up was an understatement. To see owner and dog reunited was priceless. I wiped at my tears "How on earth did you do this? I didn't think animals were allowed in the hospital."

"They aren't...normally" he replied smiling. "I got with my friend and the other doctors and they agreed that bringing Tobi here might be the best therapy yet. It seems to have done the trick already, he is at least smiling."

I nodded "Thank you! But didn't you have something else you wanted to run by us?"

"Yes...actually I did" he said sitting down in one of the vacant chairs. "So we have reworked the parts of the show with Javi in it and we are ready to open. Your doctors say you'll be out by next Monday. Would you feel up to us having opening night that Friday? We wouldn't ask you to do anything but be in the audience. We wouldn't even bring you in until the very last second."

Lin was now crying as he stroked Tobi's fur and smiled at his very dearest friend. He sighed "Yes, I want to be there."

I smiled "We all are going to be there. I have to text mom and Skye and like everyone" I chuckled but Alex stopped me.

"We are going to write another press release this time with your dad's own words added. Do you want to add a part?"

~~~~HAMILTON JOINT PRESS RELEASE~~~~

Today August 9th, 2015 would have been opening day for the hard fought labors of Lin-Manuel Miranda. Instead today he is finally leaving the hospital, strong enough to return home to his family. In a statement he released via family friend Alex Lacamoire:

"Thank you to all my fans for their love and support during this difficult time. Thank you for understanding why we held the show back, the cast just wasn't ready without me there. I am taking at least another week or two off from the show to rest. Javier will do an amazing job as Hamilton while I am out."

Also his daughter Dania added a few notes of her own:

"You are an amazing Hamilton fan base for being so supportive of me during this time. You have given me as much love as you have my Papi. We are forever grateful to have such amazing fans."

As a follow up, performances for Hamilton will resume a week from today, August 16, 2015. For those who had tickets for when the show was canceled please make sure to contact the box office immediately for them to be refunded or exchanged. Also note that August 16 will be the actual premiere night so expect delays and lots of stars.

~~~~END RELEASE~~~~

Day 7:

We have finally been sprung from the hospital. Skye even came even though I know she had some school stuff she needed to be doing. We all piled into the cars and headed for home...the apartment I had missed for so long. I sat next to Lin, my head on his shoulder. We looked for all the world like two wounded ducks. I didn't care, I was going home and so was my Papi.

''LIN...LIN...LIN" the fans chanted as we got out of the car at the apartment complex. Thankfully the police had set up barriers to keep the fans away from us as we tried to get inside. Chris carried me since Papi was just too weak. I could've rolled myself inside but they were afraid I might get mobbed by the people.

The doorman greeted us like usual but told us to expect a surprise when we got upstairs. When the elevator dinged my mouth hung open in shock. There was a huge shrine right outside our door with millions of notes, stuffed animals, pictures and much more. It would seem it had been outside and they moved it inside so we could see just how much the fans cared.

Chris put me back into my chair and I rolled over to look at it as Papi moved behind me. There was so many little notes and pictures, it was almost too much to take in. I picked up a little sky blue bear with a note with my name on it. I read it and turned to Skye "Really? We will talk later."

She just nodded smiling "Of course. Right now it's family time and if you don't open the door I have a feeling someone on the other side will."

I nodded opening the door to find Mami, Abuelo, Abuela, most of the cast, Tobi, and Sebastian all waiting for us inside. The second Sebastian saw me he started crying and then he caught sight of Lin and began screaming reaching for us.

"Shhh baby boy" Lin said being the first to reach him. He rocked him in his arms "Daddy's got you." I rolled up beside him and smiled as Sebastian reached for me. I held him tight "I missed you so much! We will catch up soon I promise" I said kissing his sweet head.

A/N

As always this is a work of FICTION! Nothing that happened in this part is real!