Realization

"Is this some kind of joke?" I asked in utter shock. "Tell me your just pulling my leg or something! Wait your not joking are you?"

He shook his head "I made sure I had all the facts before I wanted to even tell you. I didn't want to give you half ass facts and assumptions. With Vanessa's help I did a LOT of digging into your mom's past and your dad's. Did you ever wonder why you never had siblings?"

I sighed "Yes I actually asked them once and they said that it was just going to be us 3 for all times."

"Your dad was really sick as a kid and that caused issues with him having kids. So your mom and dad decided according to papers that were written to family to pass you off as his. Your mom had zero intentions of me ever finding out I was your real father. I wish I had known long ago so I could have saved you from all the heart break."

I shrugged "How could you have known? It's not like my mom went out and broadcasted that I wasn't my dad's child. It puts things in prospective with Al & Sandy though, I think they knew. Maybe not everything but suspected that I wasn't Al's brothers child. I really didn't look much like him but I favored mom enough that they dismissed it. Some of the comments they made over time now really make sense. Does this change anything though really? I mean I'm glad I know more about my life now but it doesn't really affect us differnetly does it?"

"That is entirely up to you. I can't go back and fix the past but the future is ahead of us. What happens from here on out is up to you. I have things I have to fix with Vanessa that all of this opened up. We as a family have a lot to work through but at least now that you know, I feel better. I feel like several blanks in both of our lives have been filled in" he said sighing.

I just nodded as I had so much to think about. I looked at him and smiled "Is it alright if I tell Skye? She should know and Katie of course. Since we seem to be at an end of conversation for now you can go talk to Mami and I can go rejoin Skye. Would that be okay?"

He nodded "Of course. I love you kiddo and no matter what happens that will never change."

"I love you too" I replied giving him a hug before heading out to find Skye.

~~~LIN'S POV~~~

I found Vanessa in our bedroom staring at a photo album from when we were dating. I sat down beside her and sighed "Are we okay? You haven't talked to me since we found all this out."

"What am I supposed to say Lin? You have a child you didn't even know about until just a few days ago. She has been living as our adopted daughter now for almost 2 years. You didn't recognize her mom until we did some digging. How do I know there isn't any more surprise kids out there?" she asked quietly

I sighed heavily "I can pretty much guarntee that Dania is the only one. I was only with Amy that one time and then of course my ex-girlfriend that you have met. Unless Dania has a twin somewhere then we are safe. I didn't sleep around all the time Vanessa, I did it just that once when I was drunk. I used protection and everything, I wasn't stupid as it seems. Had I known from the get go that Dania was mine I would've done things differently. I had ZERO idea that she was my daughter until just recently. Don't you think that had I known I wouldn't have abandoned her?"

"I would hope not" is all she would say looking down at her lap. "I have things in my college past I'm not proud of but I at least know the partner I was with. I know that unless there is something he never told me, nothing can come back to bite me from that. Yet you are still reeping what you sowed those years ago. I can't do this right now" she said rubbing at the tears that threatened to fall. "I am not leaving you Lin but I just need some space. I'm going to stay in the guest room downstairs, I don't want to move out of the house. I just need some space and time to think ok?"

She took me by surprise when she said that, I hadn't realized just how deeply affected she was until just then. "I am sorry V, had I known where that blood test would go I wouldn't have done it. I just...I was being selfish" sighing I looked up at her "I am sorry and I still love you."

"I still love you as well" she replied. "Just give me time and we will work this out." With that she grabbed the bag she had been packing and a pillow and headed out of our room.

~~~DANIA'S POV~~~

I had just finished telling Skye everything that Lin had told me when I saw Mami descending the stairs with a bag in hand. I got very scared "Mami are you leaving?"

"Oh baby girl no" she said walking over and enveloping me in a hug. "I just need some space from your Papi for a little bit. I am going to be staying in the guest room while we sort this out. None of this is your fault, don't think for a second it is. I love you very much and I will see you in the morning. You and Skye talk as long as you need to" she said before giving me one more hug.

I turned to Skye and sighed "This is all my fault! Had I never come into their lives almost 2 years ago they wouldn't be broken up right now. Had I not gotten shot Papi wouldn't have done some digging. Had my mom been truthful from the start...well that might not have been a good thing in the end. I just can't wrap my brain around this Skye."

Skye looked at me and smiled gently "This has been one hell of a day. You come home from the hospital expecting everything to be all fine and dandy. Now the rug gets pulled out from under you and your drowning in a uneasy sea. None of this is your fault, it's a lot of people's fault but not yours. You may not want to hear this but it all started with your mom. Had she been truthful with Lin things wouldn't have gotten to this point. Yes had Lin not had that drunken one night stand...but I don't want to go there. I cannot imagine my life without you. I know we have so much we wish we could change but we can't. We just have to make peace with this and find a way to move on."

"I am not sure how that peace will happen" I admitted. "I don't know where to even begin to make sense of all of this. Can we...will you share the bed with me tonight? I know you usually take the floor but I just need this tonight."

She smiled and nodded "Of course. I would do anything for you."

A/N

What a very INTENSE chapter. I have at least one to two more to write before we go to Disney. I don't want them on vacation and in turmoil. I mean this will resolve itself over the course of time to a point where they are all comfortable with what happened. I just need to get to a point where they can be in the same room together again without it being super awkward.