Father's Day

I woke up extra early the sunday after the Tony's. Today was my first actual father's day that I could really do something for Lin. I had it all planned out and I was glad that Vanessa had agreed to help me.

"Good morning Mami" I said as I walked into the kitchen. "Is Papi still asleep? I don't want him to not be surprised."

She grinned "Yep sleeping like a baby. So you want to make the pancakes while I work on his scrambled eggs? Once Sebastian wakes up we can work on his card. You have the gift right?"

I nodded "Yep it's in the living room. I made sure to wrap it last night in case he was up when I got up." We then set about making breakfast for him. We were almost done when Sebastian woke up. I hurried to get him before he could wake up Papi.

"Today's a special day Seb" I told him as I got him ready for the day. "It's a day set aside for Daddy's just like ours. We are going to go make him a card and everything. Would you like to do that?"

He nodded "Papi cwad love Papi!"

I grinned as we headed back downstairs where Vanessa had set out some stuff to make a card with. I helped Sebastian trace his hands on the card and then handed him colors to draw on the card. I took another piece of paper and decided to add an insert to the card.

Once we were finished and breakfast was done we could hear Papi getting up and ready. Soon he made his way downstairs ''HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!"

"Thank you" he grinned as he first kissed Mami, then hugged both Sebastian and I. We all sat down to a delicious breakfast and talked about stuff we could do. We all decided to go visit Abuelo and Abuela later in the day.

"Here we go" I said after we finished eating. I handed him the neatly wrapped present and the card which was tied together with string.

He thanked Sebastian for his drawings on the front commenting that he could tell some were trains. He opened it up and he teared up. Mami looked at him and he sighed as he read aloud:

To the best father ever

Which cannot be topped never

I love you more than gum

because your not ho hum

so thank you for loving me

and letting me always be

the child who wants to learn

how to be the best in return

I love you Papi, Dania!

"Dania that is so special" Mami said reaching over and squeezing my hand. Papi got up and came over and hugged me tightly.

I smiled "I just made it off the top of my head. Open your present please"I said grinning.

He opened it to find a pair of matching cufflinks for the one suit he owned. They had his intials on them and there was also a picture of the four of us together. The frame I had Sebastian help me color a while back.

"This is perfect! You didn't have to get me anything, having two wonderful children is enough" he said smiling.

After lunch we headed off to visit family. Papi brought his gifts with him to show his family. We also had gotten a card for Abuelo and I had given him a similar poem as well. He might never replace my first grandfather but he was an amazing man.

He opened it as we sat around the dinner table and read:

Thank you for making it not so hard

to give you this special card

you have filled my life today

with something no one can take away

I miss my old grandpa from time to time

but you are the best grandpa sublime

I love you and Abuela it's true

and I will never be blue

With love, Dania

Again I got loads of hugs for what I had written but it was all true. "You really have made my life so much richer. You and Papi are the best examples of what real mean should be. You give me hope that there is still good guys out there."

Abuelo nodded "Yes Dania there are. We are a dying breed but we are still here. You my sweet angel are a treasure and I am thankful Lin adopted you. I cannot imagine our lives without you in it."

I smiled "I can't imagine how my life would be right now without you all in it. I was meant to be found that night by you Papi. This is one very special father's day indeed."

A/N

This chapter was written on the fly in less than an hour. I was stuck on a chapter later on and this idea came to me. So yeah you get one of my on the fly writings tonight LOL Hope you guys liked. Also forgive my silly poems but I wrote them because I just felt the urge to.