The people we care about

A/N

This is going to be a two sided story. I want to tell both Lin & Dania's POV's so hopefully I don't confuse you too much.

~~~DANIA'S POV~~~

I sat at the back of the theater watching everyone stretch and warm up for the day's show. Today was the day Papi was going to tell everyone about his last show day and the fact that he was moving to London. I felt Skye slide in the seat next to me. I smiled "Hello my love. We can talk as soon as Katie arrives."

She nodded "It must be something major if you wouldn't even tell me over the phone. Is that why the ENTIRE cast is here today too?"

I nodded "Yeah something like that. Oh there's Katie" I said as she moved up the aisle. "Let's take this up to the roof. I don't want anyone walking in on us as we talk."

We moved up to sit on the roof where we had been for many times before today. I sighed looking at my two best friends in the entire world. Today their world was about to be pulled out from under them and they didn't even know it.

~~~LIN'S POV~~~

I called everyone to order after we ran through My shot. I looked out over the assembled group and sighed, how the hell was I going to break their hearts. I saw Pippa fidgetting nervously as if she had a secret as well.

"Okay so today I have something MAJOR to share with you guys. I am not sure how most of you will take this news but" I sighed "I am leaving the show on July 9th of this year."

"WHAT" rang out throughout the theater as people stared at me in disbelief. Then all of a sudden they all started talking at once. Only Jasmine's extremely loud whistle got them back on track.

"Hear me out please" I said sighing.

~~~DANIA'S POV~~~

I had just explained to them both that Lin was leaving the show in July but I was staying at least through the beginning of August. I also told them that we were moving to London and now they were both starring at me open mouthed.

"Tell me you are JOKING please" Katie whispered wiping at her eyes furiously. "YOu cannot leave us here, we will be lost without you. I mean we both knew Hamilton wasn't going to be your thing forever. We just figured you'd move to whatever your dad did next, not move halfway across the world."

Skye couldn't even bare to look at me, which was killing me inside. I sighed "I know but I have to go where they go. I cannot just stay here while they are off doing their thing, that's not what families do. Plus Lin said he is working with your mom Katie and with Chris to figure out something for the three of us."

"It won't be the same" Skye whispered as I saw her crying. I so wanted to pull her into my arms but I knew that wasn't the answer at the moment.

~~~LIN'S POV~~~

"Man this is just plain crazy" Daveed said sighing. "We thought that you would be the last person to leave the show. That they would have to drag you out of here kicking and screaming."

"If your leaving does that mean that they will have to recast?" Anthony asked

"No actually Javi is stepping into the role and Jevon is moving in as standby" I replied. "There will be some shifting I am sure and I mean we all knew this would happen eventually."

"True" Oak sighed. "It's just I guess we were expecting this to continue on forever with all of us in place."

Pippa finally spoke up "I umm may go ahead and leave then as well when you do Lin. I umm have been offered a chance to create another new role on Broadway early next year."

Lin smiled "See this is why we all can't stay with the show forever. We will find these new chances out there for us to spread our wings. If we stay in one place then we can't explore all the opportunities out there for us."

~~~DANIA'S POV~~~

"Maybe not but this is a new adventure for all of us. You two get to come experience a new country with me. Maybe when you get to visit we can even visit places like Spain or Italy or who knows where" I suggested. "We can make lists and stuff as I'll be there a whole year. I already know what I am demanding for my birthday"I chuckled.

"What?" they both asked

"That you two come and we go see a play in the west end" I replied smiling. "Every visit we will do something different and when I get to come home we will have so much to talk about. This isn't even happening until November, we have plenty of time. We should right now focus on the Tony's."

~~~LIN'S POV~~~

Someone had asked the question I knew was coming at some point. I sighed "My next BIG project isn't really open for me to say just yet. I will say this, I will be moving to London in November. That is a BIG part of why I am leaving in July, I have to get ready to make the move. I need to prepare myself for my next role and I can't be playing one role here while trying to get ready for another."

"That makes perfect sense actually" Leslie said quietly. "We need to clear space in our minds for something new so we have to move on."

"I know this is hard on you Lin" Chris said smiling "but we knew deep down it was coming. We all will have to move on at some point. We also know we will all revisit this place as much as possible. We are apart of something SO BIG that it will never leave us really."

~~~DANIA'S POV~~~

I finally went over and hugged Skye as tight as I could. I felt Katie join in the group hug and it felt right. I looked up when I saw a flash and smiled as I saw Vanessa taking our picture. We got into another pose and took another picture. We then took dozens more pictures, this was our life I wanted to remember. It was the place where we had first met and became such close friends.

I laughed through the tears that were falling "Why on earth are we getting mushy right now? We have several months left to go before I leave. Next week we go dress shopping for the Tony's" I grinned.

"Yep and that is going to be one BIG event" Katie chuckled. "I am glad mom finally agreed to let me go."

"Me too" Skye grinned as we moved inside to head downstairs to get ready for the night ahead.

~~~LIN'S POV~~~

As we were talking and milling around the stage I saw Dania, Vanessa, Skye and Katie come back from the roof. Most of the cast hurried over to give both Vanessa and Dania hugs. I could tell all 3 girls had been crying but I knew it was a good kind of cry.

I made my way over to Pippa and smiled "So you are really finding your way here in NYC after all. I knew once they saw you in Hamilton they would come calling for you. I am proud of you and I know whatever you do, it will be amazing."

"Thanks Lin" she said smiling. "I also know whatever this big secret of your is, it will be something amazing for you. I know you wouldn't take this leap to London if you didn't think it was worth it. I cannot wait to see what lies ahead for the great Lin-Manuel Miranda."

A/N

As I said the original 100 chapter is the one we are sticking too. I just wrote the rewind as a secondary gift to you the readers.