A Day in the Life

"Come on slow poke" Papi called back to me as we headed for the subway station. Today we were riding the sub into the theatre. We had rehearsal this afternoon and then I had another a day in the life. This time I was going to be working the merch table and I was actually looking forward to it.

"Good afternoon all" Andy called out once we had all arrived. "We are going to run through the whole show so get stretched out. As most of you know Groff is leaving this weekend and Rory will be stepping into the role come Tuesday. Today he is having his put in and we are having the garter ceremony."

I sat down to stretch between Morgan and Ari as I was doing woman 1 today in rehearsal. I smiled at Morgan "So I hear you might have something new in the works?"

Morgan chuckled "Well it's in still hush hush but yes I have a new project. I will have to make sure you get tickets if it makes it to Broadway."

I nodded "It's hard to believe this group is going to be breaking up soon. I thought we would all last with the show forever or at least until I graduated high school. Oh well as long as we are all going on to bigger and better things that is what counts."

Ari nodded "Yep we all have to move on sometime but we will all keep in touch."

Once stretching was over we began with the top of the show. I could see Papi talking with Rory offstage and that's when I noticed that Javi was to be Alexander. I had to get used to the change as soon it would be permanent. We did great until Right Hand Man when as Rory was exiting and didn't make it off fast enough. We had to rerun his exit again which was entertaining as he did it in character with KGIII being rather mad about having to make an exit again. I could tell Rory was going to fit right in with the cast.

Once we finished up rehearsals we headed to the green room for cake and finger foods. I sat down beside Rory smiling "So how did today feel?"

"Surreal" he replied smiling "but very rewarding. This cast is extremely talented and I feel like I am not worthy of it sometimes. Your dad knows what he is doing though and I have a feeling people will fall in love with me as much as they have with Groff."

"Yep Papi said you were the perfect fit for the role. He showed me clips from Mormon and I have to agree. You are very taleneted Rory and I am glad I get to share the stage with you, at least for a few more months."

"Oh that's right your staying through August, oh this will be fun! Anyway I see your dad trying to get your attention and I think that's Reese with him" he said pointing toward where Papi was standing.

"Yep time to go to work, catch ya later Rory" I said getting up and throwing away my trash. I then joined Papi and Reese "I guess it's time for me to head to work. Break a leg tonight Papi, love you."

"Love you too kiddo, have fun" he said grinning.

Once we got back up to the front of the house Reese smiled "So you know what we sell and probably most of the sizes. You will have a price sheet in front of where you'll stand and don't let people scare you. Some people will be very demanding but most are truly nice and friendly. Make sure to verify everything as we don't usually do refunds except in certain instances. If that happens just call me or Jayme over to help" he said waving at the girl at the other end of the counter.

"Okay got it" I said nodding. "What do we do while the show is going on?"

"We restock" he replied. "The boxes behind the booth contain pretty much everything we sell. So during the show itself since everyone will be inside we restock what sells out or what we get low on. Any other questions?"

"Nope I think I got it now" i said grinning. "I think I hear them about to open the doors so it wouldn't matter anyway."