Another Date?

As I sat in Lin's car sobbing I was trying not to think of the police inside the school gym. Of the kids shouting insults at us or of Skye's face when the guy shoved her into that glass table. I looked at Lin as he finally sat beside me. He sighed "She'll be fine, just lots of cuts to get cleaned. She is asking about you, are you ready to go see her?"

I shook my head "I am scared."

"I know kiddo but she needs you like you need her. Will you at least tell me what happened?" he asked and I nodded.

~~~FLASHBACK~~~

We had made our way off the dance floor after a rather fun group dance and were getting some refreshments. We had heard whispers from people as we passed but for the most part ignored them.

"So you guys are the newest gay couple here?" A boy asked. He was at the refreshment table as well. "It's all over the place that you guys are a couple, don't act so shocked."

"Who told?"I asked eyeing him carefully.

"Well it's actually quiet obvious" he shrugged. "You two have been holding hands all night and dancing together. It's pissing off some of the people that are straight though. I think they thought they had a chance with you as hot as you are" He said looking straight at me.

I laughed "I have zero intentions of ever being with a guy. That has never been what I wanted after all that has happened to me."

"Really" A jock laughed as he shoved his way to the front of the cluster that had gathered around us. "I could make you forget all those bad experiences."

"Yeah!" another boy shouted as more boys tried to shove into the small space where we were gathered. Someone grabbed my arm and I began to panic, there was just too many people around.

"Let her go" I heard Skye say as I felt myself being touched by more hands. I felt myself blacking out as Skye got to me. There was a commotion and I heard glass shattering. That was when the world went black.

~~~END FLASHBACK~~~

"After that I came too with one of my teachers on the phone with you. I asked about Skye but they were more worried about me. Someone had called the police and they came at the same time you did" I said sighing. "I knew the hate would be bad, but just not this bad!"

"I am just glad you are okay" Lin said holding me in his arms. "When I got that call I was pretty freaked out as I had no idea what I would find when I got here. I am just glad you both are okay."

"If we can't get through a school dance how on earth are we going to get through school Monday?" I asked sighing.

"With friends" he replied. "The school has a zero tolerance for bullies so people who try something will end up getting in trouble. Don't be afraid to speak out if something happens okay? Oh here comes Chris and Skye" he said smiling.

I nodded as I looked out the window. Skye's face was covered in cuts and bruises and her hand was covered in a white bandage. This was all my fault, I had caused her pain because I wanted us to be a couple.

Lin and Skye traded places and she sat beside me. She gave me her best smile and I sighed "I'm so sorry that tonight ended like this."

"You know it could've been a lot worse. I'll heal and those idiots will get over themselves. I found out while we were waiting for the police that there are a lot of people on our side. Not everyone is as closed minded as Sophie and those football jerks."

I nodded "I know and I am sure on Monday we'll see just who is our friends. We really should have a true first date after this fiasco."

She grinned "I agree. How about next Sunday since it's a no show day for you and I am free. I would say this Sunday but it's Easter. Chris has something up his sleeve and I'm sure your parents want to spend the day with you."

I laughed "Yes they have it all planned already. I have a feeling it involves a Easter bunny and lots of eggs."

"You will have to take lots of pictures" Skye said giving me a hug, and I hugged her back.

A/N

So sorry for a short chapter but I want to write at least one more today and am planning on getting the Easter one up tomorrow.