Ignorance is Bliss

"Papi I got this" I sighed as he had a look of murder on his face. I turned to the woman "I would suggest you back down before the cops are called. I can guarantee you that would not go well for you. Do you really wish to embarrass your son like that?"

"That is NO WAY to talk to your elders young lady" the woman snapped raising a hand toward me. After years of Al & Sandy doing the same I had finally learned not to flinch and truly expected her to hit me. Instead I looked up in shock as Lin had grabbed the woman's hand.

"I am not a child and I do NOT have the same niceties as my daughter and her girlfriend exhibited. You will not lay a hand on my daughter do you understand me?" he growled his voice at a dangerous level.

The manager finally made his way over to us with cops trailing him. He sighed "Alright that's enough from everyone. It is clear to me that these girls were the ones who were being attacked by this woman. Thing is because of the scene this has caused I'm going to have to ask that you all leave. You each can select ANYTHING from the prize wall and then please don't come back, we don't need this in such a great FAMILY establishment."

I could tell by his posture and words he was trying to both placate us and the woman at the same time. That irked me on some level as it was obvious the woman and her son was in the wrong. I took the chance though that we could take anything from the prize wall and claimed the panda for Skye, Papi got a train set for Sebastian, and Skye picked up a puppy dog that reminded me of Tobi. I didn't stay to see what the woman and her brat picked up.

"We are NEVER eating here again" Lin snapped as we made our way to the car. "They are lucky I didn't clean out all of their claw machines. Had I known this was going to happen I would have."

"I know Papi" I sighed laying my head on his shoulder. "Thank you for standing up for us. These ignorant people are so narrow minded. I get that was how many were raised but it still irks me. They are now raising another generation to act the same way."

"I feel bad for that kid" Skye admitted finally speaking after our ordeal. "She reminds me a lot of a woman who used to babysit me when I was young. She would watch all these religious programs and they would talk about how being gay was wrong, having sex out of marriage was wrong, and so much more. It made me sick to my stomach how some religions can really brainwash people. I know not all are like that and many have come along way in their beliefs."*

Lin nodded "It's sad how things can influence us without us even realizing it. Let's go home and I'm going to post on Twitter about this place. I don't want any of our friends to go visit it."

Once we got home we told Mami the story of what had happened. She was just as much enraged as Papi had been.

"I am going to do some digging on this restaurant. No one treats my family like that and gets away with it" she mumbled as she headed for her office. Lin was already in his office tweeting away I am sure.

We sat down on my bed and just stared at each other for the longest time not sure what to say. I sighed "I'm sorry you had to deal with that growing up."

She shrugged "It certainly gave me a lot to think about. I knew from a young age that people are shaped by how they are raised. My mama always told me that it was perfectly fine to love whomever you chose. She had all kinds of...I should contact Paul and Jayson sometime. I don't even know if they know mama is dead."

"Who is Paul and Jayson?" I asked.

"Paul runs the hair salon that my mama always went to. He and his husband have been together for over 20 years. They have a son a year older than us. They were the first openly gay couple I ever met. The last time I saw them was a little over a year ago when I got my hair cut."

"I have a brilliant idea" I grinned. "You, me, Katie, and Mami can go pay them a visit next week. Maybe Monday since I don't have a show that day. Or well any Monday'' I chuckled. "I need to get my hair trimmed and I'm sure you could use a touch up. I bet Katie would be on board and I know Mami loves going to the beauty shop when she can."

"I have his number, hold on" she grinned taking out her phone. "PAUL oh it's so good to hear your voice. How are you? I'm okay, thanks for asking. Yeah it was hard but my Uncle Chris has been so good to me. I'm calling though to see if you have an opening for 4 ladies either this coming Monday or any Monday after that, after school of course. Okay great! Put it under my name. I will see you and Jayson then, love ya too bye."

"So when are we going?" I asked excitedly.

"A week from Monday. He is all booked up for this coming Monday. He sounded so excited to hear from me. I cannot wait to introduce you to him!"

A/N

*I am NOT bashing anyone's religion, please don't take that as such. I am a religious person and I just know from experience what it is like. I included this part to show where several people's close minded beliefs come from. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

On a much weirder note, does anyone else follow Lin on Twitter? I am watching a 2010 interview where Lin was talking about In the Heights. Anyway in it he says that he isn't on twitter much. OMG 7 years later and he tweets almost non-stop LOL Funny/weird fact of the day :D