Filmed For Life

A/N

Today I am going back again for something I didn't even think of before today. Here you go, a look into Hamilton being filmed live before an audience.

"Okay here's what's up" Tommy Kail our director said as we all sat watching him onstage. "On June 26th and 28th we are going to have a live film crew come in and tape the show. We are NOT putting it out there on the internet, this is going to be preserved in the archeives for later release. Also thank you Rory for stepping aside and allowing Groffsauce to return for two performances."

"Will the audience be made aware of what is happening?" Pippa asked from where she was sitting with Renee and Sasha.

"Yes there will be an announcement made at the top of the show. We are not putting out a press release before that though" Lin explained. "We don't want people to get wind of it and jack up the prices for tickets any higher than they already are."

""Here's the fun part" Andy said chuckling. "We are having a dance call for Monday. Ensemble you will be here from nine to noon. We will break for lunch and then the principal cast along with Groff will be here from one to four. Any questions?"

"NO" we all chorused as we groaned thinking about how long Monday was going to be. We also pretty much guessed Alex would work with people during parts of time on Monday as well.

As they disperessed us from the meeting I turned to Papi "Do I get to be apart of this too? I mean I'm not an og but I now know the show like the back of my hand. I Just don't want to be the bullet those two days. I'll just dance in the background."

He grinned "I was hoping you'd say that. I want you on that stage, you have earned your place on it just like everyone else."

On Monday I spent pretty much all day at the Richard Rogers. I even brought my lunch so that I could eat in Papi's dressing room. Once the principal cast arrived I tackle hugged Groff.

"I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!" I squealed as I hugged him tightly. 'We have so much to catch up on! I am so glad Rory stepped aside for these two shows."

"It's awesome to be seen" he chuckled returning the hug. "Rory is awesome like that, he and I have become good buds. Anyway what's up with all of us having to be here now. Is Andy trying to kill us?"

"You missed that this morning"I groaned rubbing my sore neck. "We ran through the entire show with stops to fix problem areas. I never realized just how much a workout this show really is. I think this afternoon is more for you guys with us there for support. At least he's not asking us to do it in full costume too."

Just as I had predicted Alex pulled groups of us aside for the first hour to go over vocals. When two hit we ran the show from start to finish without stopping. Since the ensemble had practiced earlier it went off without much issues. It was fun to watch Groff step back into the role he loved so much.

"You have been missed" I said hugging Groff again. "You will have to come visit us again before we head to London. How have you been?"

"I have been well and I talked to your dad about that. We will probably have dinner soon enough.  I am so excited for the next two shows though, it's nice to be home" he chuckled.

After rehearsals we all went out to eat together as a group. It was fun to be back to together again as a big group. I smiled at Papi "This has been such a great reunion. I am so glad you guys decided to do this."

"Well the fans have been clamoring for this for ages. At least now that we have this done and it will be kept safe until we are ready to share it" he said grinning. "I am also glad you wanted to be apart of it."

"I'm just glad you said yes" I grinned as we continued to talk about all the fun the next few days would bring.

We all showed up on the 26th ready for a full day of fun. The camera crews had been there earlier to get everything set up.  It was a bit of a madhouse backstage as everyone had to try and avoid all the new stuff that was back there for the next two days. We walked through the show again with everyone before we headed off to get ready.

I looked at Skye and grinned "This is a big night for us. Will you help me with my makeup. I am so very nervous for Papi. This is his baby and I know he wants this to be filmed for everyone to see someday. I just hope we don't flub up or anything."

Skye laughed gently "Even if you guys do, you have one more taping to make it right. This is going to be the most fun you guys have had. Don't stress out about it! That will make you and everyone else so tense about nothing."

That was pretty much the pep talk Papi gave us at 10 till show time right before prayer circle. "Okay guys I know we are all nervous/excited for tonight. Just remember to do the show the way you normally do. Don't worry about cameras or extra people, just do your job. They will take care of the rest and make what we do look amazing on film. I've already been told that the audience is loving the idea of this being filmed and are asking when we'll have it available for them to buy. Tonight will be memorable in so many ways" he chuckled "so break a leg!"

With the audience aware of what was happening this night was on fire. They applause was loud and long and the parts where they could join in were perfect. Even onstage and backstage we were having a ball. During intermission we all just sat in the green room talking about how on fire the show was. During curtain call the applause was deafening especially for Papi.  Some of us did stage door that night but most of the principal cast stayed and talked afterward.

As we walked home later that night Papi and I talked about the next go round. Afterwards we had a party to plan. I couldn't wait to see what the following days would bring.

A/N

So this is a two parter because I have a little fun bit planned for the end. Anyway I will post the second part at a later date as I want to continue with London as well :D