The Christmas Gift

The rest of the day flew by with us getting things ready for the celebration with family that night. I had both of my parents presents ready to go and I couldn't wait to surprise them. They always gave me the best gifts and it was my turn to do the same.

"Are you sure they will like this?" Skye asked me for the millionth time as I set out the food for the party with her help. "I mean this is something big that they had no help in planning."

I chuckled "I know but that was the fun part about this surprise. "I think they are going to be more surprised that I used some of the money I made in Hamilton to help fund the gift. Abuelo and Abuela were behind me all the way. We got this down pat."

She nodded "Alright then I cannot wait for present time. Also I cannot wait for tomorrow and the fun we have planned. This year is going to be so much fun watching Sebastian take part in all the festivities."

As everyone began arriving the apartment filled with laughter and lots of Christmas music. In attendance was Abuelo, Abuela, Luz, her husband and their boys, Uncle Chris, Skye, Pippa, and Steven. I finally was able to get to know Pippa's boyfriend better and I liked him very much. Tomorrow Anthony and Jasmine would be joining us in the fun.

"So tonight we toast family and the many blessings we have been afforded this year" Abuelo began. "Christmas is a time for remembering a time long ago and realizing that we are still being blessed by it now. I am grateful for our family here around this table and for those who cannot be with us this night."

We all raised our glasses in toast of another year as a family and then dug into the delicious food that had been prepared. Conversation around the table was light harted and fun. I talked to Luz about all that I had seen and done in London so far. She then in turn told me about what had been happening here at home since we left. I really enjoyed getting to know Papi's older sister.

Once everyone had their fill of good food and conversation we moved to the living room to exchange gifts. I knew my gift to my parents would be the last thing opened. I helped Skye hand out the presents and then sat down to open my own gifts.

"THANK YOU" I squealed when I opened the box from Pippa and Steven. Inside was a photo album that Pippa had designed herself. It was for all my Hamilton pictures and she put in reprints of some of the pictures she had of the two of us. I couldn't wait to add many more pics to the album once I got back to London.

Next up was the gift from Luz and her family. I grinned as I opened the bag to find a stack of gift cards to places both online and in London. I beamed as I gave her a hug "Thank you so much! I cannot wait to use these.''

I opened the gift from Uncle Chris next and I couldn't help but burst into laughter. He had given me the full set of Hamilton funko vinyls that someone online had made. I gave him a hug "I have been following her for a long time and had every intention of buying several after the new year. Now I have the complete set!"

He grinned "Nothing but the best for you kiddo. Just don't let your dad or Tobi get a hold of these. We may never see them again if that happens."

I nodded chuckling as I picked up the gift from my grandparents. I carefully opened the box to find a beautiful handmade quilt made with some of my favorite tshirts that I no longer wore. I hugged them both and thanked them profusely for this amazing quilt. I couldn't wait to put it on my bed in London.

"Now for you gifts" I said to Mami and Papi. "This is a joint gift from me, Abuelo, Abuela, Uncle Chris, and Skye."

Papi took his box while Mami took her own box. They opened it jointly and then stared at the 5 of us in disbelief. Papi was first to find his voice "This is too much! None of you could afford this."