Katie Reacts

Dear Diary:

Well that went well, now Mami knows the truth as well. She and I talked for quiet a while after Papi left for work. Like Papi she believes I should love whomever makes me happy no matter who they are. We also talked about inviting Skye over for some of our Christmas stuff. I mean I don't want to drag her away from her own family but I would love to introduce her to the rest of my family. Everything is all set for us to go out Saturday to eat and have a conversation with Katie and then we are going to see the Radio city Rockettes!!! I am seriously nervous to tell Katie but I think if she really is our friend she will  come through in the end!

"What if she hates us Papi?" I ask as I got ready in Papi's dressing room. We were meeting at the Richard Rogers. I was wearing a cute Holiday themed top and leggings with my favorite boots. "I just cannot believe that she would but you never know."

"Stop over worrying kiddo" he said kissing my forehead. "You are overthinking this wayyyy to much. If she is truly your friend she will support you and Skye. SHe may be shocked at first but that's a natural reaction.''

I nodded as I applied lipstick. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed, I felt much older than 15 today. "Did you see the picture Ryan's parents sent me of her with Santa. It reminds me so much of Sebastian's reaction."

He chuckled "Yea that was a priceless reaction for sure. We'll frame them both and hang them in the apartment. She really looks so much like you but I know she is happy where she is. That is what counts right?"

I nodded "I am not ready to be a mama yet, and if she was here I am not sure how I'd fair. I know she is happy with the Grant's and they are taking great care of her. We got lucky that they don't mind me at least keeping in touch."

We continued to talk about Ryan and other family stuff until Skye arrived. My parents hugged her tightly and told her that they were happy for us both. Skye blushed and stammered as she thanked them. I think it shocked her to see how openly happy they were for us.

Once Katie arrived we made our way to the restaurant. I was glad that Vanessa was going with us tonight. I needed to know I had an adult in our corner as I had yet to tell Katie's mom. We sat at a table in the back of the restaurant where we could have privacy. Once we ordered our food it was now or never.

I took a deep breath and felt Skye take my hand under the table. Vanessa gave me a smile and I nodded. "So Katie I have something to..well we have something to tell you. I'm just not sure how you are going to react."

"Okay" she said watching us carefully. "Is it something bad?"

"Depends on how you react to it" I replied. "I'm a lesbian and I am falling hard for Skye"

Skye nodded "I've already fallen hard for Dania and I was just waiting for her to decide. We wanted to tell you first, I mean after our parents. We thought as your one of our closest friends you deserved to know before anyone else."

~~~KATIE'S POV~~~

I was shocked, I never saw this coming.  I mean in the back of my mind I kinda figured Skye was but I never pictured Dania is a lesbian. They were both watching me expectantly to see how I would react.

"Aren't you going to say something?" Dania asked. "I mean come on you have to say something please!"

"I am in shock" I said quietly. "I figured that Skye was but I never would've expected that you were. I don't know how to explain how I feel because I am so conflicted."

"Either you support our decision or you don't" Dania said looking at her hands. "My parents, Skye's family they all support us. You are our best friend and we want you to support us to."

At this moment I had to make a choice, do I go down the path that is what I was taught to believe all my life. Or do I choose to follow my heart and be happy for them. Either way someone will not be happy with my choice.

"I can honestly tell you when you tell my mom there will be resistance. Even as a doctor she cannot seperate herself from the beliefs she was raised in. Me on the other hand I make my own life choices. I am for sure straight as an arrow but I am happy that you both have found your own path in life. I ask you give me time to be fully on board but I am going to be by your sides no matter what. We are the three musketeers through thick and thin and nothing will change that!"

~~~DANIA'S POV~~~

I breathed a huge sigh of relief when she said that. I could accept that she wasn't ready to fully commit to what we chose but at least she was going to stand behind us. I squeezed Skye's hand under the table and we shared a smile.

After dinner and more conversation we made our way to Radio City Music Hall. When Hamilton fans saw us we were getting mobbed but thankfully the house manager saved us. We were let in early and found our seats easily. It was so beautiful inside all decorated for Christmas. The show was amazing and sometime during it, it had begun to snow again outside.

"Sebastian is going to be so happy in the morning" I said grinning as we headed toward our car. We were talking when the loud screech of tires was heard nearby and a car careened out of control toward us. I screamed just as the car hit the pole right near where we stood. Had we been moments earlier we would've been killed. I was visibly shaking in my chair as we watched the driver, drunk, get out of the car and stumble away.

"It's okay" Skye whispered having gotten down to talk to me. "Your safe, we all are safe. This isn't that accident, don't go to that place." She knew about the nightmares I had everytime there was a wreck and I saw it. I barely left the house most days without fear of being killed because of a wreck. Skye brought me back though from the brink and I sighed.

"Sorry guys" I said quietly. "Wrecks still get to me even almost a year later. I will be okay though, I have the best friends and family in the world!"

Dear Diary:

I acted all fine after the wreck but I am honestly a mess. I can't sleep so I am working on walking. Sebastian is sick so he is keeping me company. He keeps grabbing my hand wanting me to walk with him but I'm not that steady yet. I pick him up instead and we rock. I have to wonder if Ryan likes to be rocked. Oh well Christmas will be here soon!

A/N
And we are here!!! Ladies & gentlemen the next 2(maybe 3) chapters are going to be BIG!!! You thought her coming out was big LOL Good grief I just hope I do what I have planned justice!!!