Sherlock Vacation

You were friends with Sherlock and John and had been for over a year now. Your birthday had been last week, but they had both forgotten. You decided not to mention it because you knew that their cases always kept them busy. Your phone had rung as you were visiting 221 B Baker Street and you had went outside to answer it. It had been your best friend wishing you a happy birthday. You went back inside to find John and Sherlock staring at you.

"What?" You questioned.

"Y/N, you didn't tell us it was your birthday," John said.

"Actually, it was last week," you said, wincing slightly.

"Why didn't you tell us? Do you not like your birthday?" Sherlock questioned.

"No, you two were busy with a case. I didn't want to bother you," you said.

"Well, we have to make it up to you," John said.

"Do we?" Sherlock groaned.

"There's no need," you assured them, "I actually am being forced to go away next week for a mandatory work vacation to celebrate my birthday."

"What? Where are you going?" Sherlock asked.

"I am going to Disneyland," you said.

"Perfect!" John grinned, "We'll go with you."

"No we won't," Sherlock said.

"Yes we will," John insisted.

"Fine, you go. I will keep Mrs. Hudson company," Sherlock said.

"Sherlock, you're going and that's it," John said firmly.

All that time until you landed in Florida was spent with Sherlock's constant complaining.

"Sherlock, we're here. Now stop it," you finally snapped as the plane landed.

You all made your way to the hotel and left your bags in your rooms so you could go explore.

As you were venturing around, you were given a pair of courtesy mouse ears. You noticed Sherlock fighting the man who kept trying to put them on him. You walked over.

"I'm so sorry for his behavior. Jet Lag," you apologized to the poor man and took the ears from him.

You forced them onto Sherlock and when he tried to remove them, you slapped his hand.

"Sherlock, you are wearing them. If i see you take them off, i will make this trip unbearable for you," you threatened.

Sherlock knew you would fulfil your threat, so he made a face, but kept the ears on.

John was jumping around and meeting every character he could. Sherlock got annoyed watching John, so he walked up to him.

"John, you do realize they are just old men in suits who probably have a perverted mind for children and probably end up getting off on this?" Sherlock asked him.

John frowned and almost punched Sherlock.

"That's it," you said, stepping in between them, "We are going back to the hotel."

You grabbed both men by their wrists like children and dragged them back to their rooms.

"Boys," you huffed, walking back to your own room.

This was the last time you took them anywhere.