Percy Jackson (Memory)

You walked across the boardwalk to get to the beach you needed. It had been a tough day at school and you needed to get unstressed.

Once you reached the end of the boardwalk, you removed your shoes. You wanted to feel the warm sand between your toes.

You stepped down and walked slowly to where the sand and water met. You sat down. This allowed you to remain balanced on the sand, but still feel the freedom of the sea.

You always came to the beach when you were upset. You weren’t a big fan of water, but had no idea why you came here. It was just an instinct to you. It was as if something good once happened here, but you couldn’t remember and you kept coming back to try and relive it.

You felt a tap on your shoulder. When you turned, you saw a black haired boy with sea blue eyes staring intently at you.

“Mind if i sit with you?” he asked.

“Go ahead,” you shrugged, turning back.

You felt him sit beside you. Your knees touched ever so slightly. You fought the sudden urge to move closer to him.

“So, rough day, huh?” he asked.

You sighed and nodded.

“Sorry to hear that,” he said.

“Eh, it happens,” you replied.

“I find that it’s better to talk about it,” he said.

You couldn’t imagine yourself dumping your problems on a stranger, but before you knew it, words were flying out of your mouth.

“My ex is dating my best friend. She has now started to harass me daily in the hallways so everyone can see. And she is super rich, so the teachers don’t do anything and the students are all following her lead,” you said.

He glanced over at me as you covered your mouth.

“I have no idea why I actually told you anything,” you admitted.

“You don’t remember anything, do you?” he asked.

“Remember what?” you asked, “I don’t even know you.”

He jumped up, his eyes fierce.

The waves began to become more powerful, as if adjusting to his emotions.

“We fought monsters together!” he shouted.

“What?” you gasped.

This dude was a lunatic!

“We saved other kids like us!” he continued.

“Stop it,” you stammered.

“Why won’t you remember?” he stomped, causing the waves to hit you harshly.

“You’re scaring me!” you screamed.

He stopped and the water calmed. He sunk to his knees in front of you. You were scared, confused, and on the verge of tears.

He leaned in close to you.

“I loved you,” he whispered.

He pressed his lips onto yours.

You closed your eyes in shock, but images and memories started flooding back.

You remember being punished by Hera for falling in love with the son of Poseidon, as your father was Zeus. She had stolen all your memories and left you back in your old life.

You pulled away from the kiss.

“Percy,” you whispered.

“What did you say?” he asked, excitedly.

“Percy,” you repeated and smiled.

“You remember? You remember!” he laughed, picking you up and spinning you around.

“You’re Percy Jackson. And I love you. And no gods will ever change that,” you promised.

Percy sat back down, putting you to sit on his lap. He wrapped his arms around you tightly.

“I’m never letting you go again,” he whispered, kissing your forehead.

You didn’t want to lose him ever again.