Thor (Special)

You were trying to cross the street. You had been repeatedly prevented from doing so by jerks who didn’t know that red means stop. You were finally able to cross the street, but as soon as you took one step forward, the ground began to shake. You staggered back and held onto the sign post next to you. It ended within a few seconds. There was a loud boom of thunder followed by a flash of lighting. You couldn’t recall there being a forecast for rain.

Everyone was still startled and confused by the mini earthquake, but you knew that you had to hurry to get to work. You were a waitress and most customers preferred to order from you because you were a bit more kind than the others. You tried to hurry, but a strange man dressed in medieval clothing stepped in your way.

“Excuse me, sir,” you said.

“What is your name, Miss?” he asked.

He seemed a bit lost.

“Y/N,” you answered.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Y/N,” he said, turning and walking away.

You were still a bit frazzled by the strange encounter, but you shook it off quickly and proceeded to work. When you entered, there were only two tables filled. You clocked in and got to work immediately. You heard the door open and close, but paid no mind to it until one table gasped.

You looked up to see the strange man from earlier walking towards a table and sitting down. You sighed and took a deep breath before walking over to take his order.

“Hello, again. What can i get you?” you asked.

“Hello again, Lady Y/N. I would like your finest dish, please,” he ordered.

“What’s your name, sir?” you asked.

“I am Thor,” he said.

“Thor? Like, the god of thunder and lightning?” you questioned, a bit skeptic.

But nowadays, you knew anything was possible. So you didn’t want to dismiss him right away. Thor must have seen the bit of doubt in your eyes because he offered you a warm smile. Like he had seen this coming.

“Would you like to join me?” Thor asked.

“Let me just get your food first,” you nodded.

You put in his order and put his food on the table, sitting across from him.

“So, you’re Thor. From, like, the Battle of New York and everything. Brother of the guy who tried to take over our world with aliens?” you asked.

Thor sighed and nodded.

“I come from Asgard. Which is more civil and simple than Midgard. But we have our fair share of evil. My brother is just clouded by jealousy. I guess i was not a good brother,” he sighed.

You felt bad for him. He was a god, yes. But there was something about him that showed he was no different from you. He just had the whole world on his shoulders. You gave him a sympathetic smile and put your hand on his comfortingly.

“I don’t think it was your fault. I think it’s his own. Maybe if he talked instead of holding it in all of the time, he would be happier. But because you know how to handle emotions and are able to live happily, he is jealous,” you said.

Thor gave you a small smile and you looked into his eyes, admiring their beautiful blue color.

“You are really nice, Lady Y/N,” Thor said to you.

“I like to help people,” you responded.

“Are you afraid?” Thor asked.

“Of what?” you asked, a bit confused.

“Me,” Thor said.

“No. I’m not afraid,” you told him.

Thor grinned and turned his palm over, entwining his fingers with yours. You smiled shyly and he gave your hand a slight squeeze.

“Good,” he said.

“Why would i be afraid, though?” you asked.

“Because i’m a god,” he replied.

“I don’t think you’re all that different. Except for the powers and clothes,” you chuckled.

“Is that good?” Thor asked.

“It’s good that you are you,” you said.

“Do you like me the way that i am, Lady Y/N?” he asked.

“Yes,” you nodded, “I do.”

“I like you just the way you are, too. You are very special,” he beamed.

You blushed.

“I don’t think i’m all that special,” you said.

“Because you aren’t reminded enough. And i would very much like to be the man that reminds you every day how special you are,” Thor said, keeping eye contact.

You paused, a little shocked by his bluntness. But you smiled wide and nodded.

“I’d like that to,” you admitted.

Thor stood and kissed you deeply.

“I will see you later, Lady Y/N,” he said.

“Promise?” you asked.

“Promise,” he replied.

You watched him leave and cleaned up his table, paying for his meal yourself because he didn’t. You knew he would be coming back. You could feel it in your heart. Thor was your special god.