Elijah Mikaelson (Hospital)

You were a nurse in a hospital in New Orleans. You worked the night shift, so you always saw the strangest things.

Tonight it had been an ICU patient who had been mauled by some kind of wolf. The patient suffered extreme blood loss and hallucinations. They were currently in a medically induced coma.

A man in a gray suit walking towards the ICU caught your attention.

“Sir, I don’t know how you got in here, but you can’t go in there,” you called after him.

He turned and walked towards you.

“I’m sorry Nurse…,” he began, pausing briefly to read your name tag, “Y/N, but I must see that patient.”

“That patient is off limits and in a coma,” you informed him.

He towered over you, looking deep into your eyes.

“Let me see him,” he spoke.

His voice was appealing, but you knew the rules of your job.

“I’m afraid I can’t do that, sir,” you said.

“My name is Elijah Mikaelson and I think it may be an old friend of mine,” he said.

“Well I’m really sorry Mr. Mikaelson, but under no circumstances am I allowed to let a visitor in there. But the patient is a John Doe, so any contributions towards his identity you can make will be accepted,” you said, “The best I can do is show you a picture.”

“That will suffice,” he sighed, giving up.

You motioned for him to follow you and pulled the patient’s folder form the pile on your desk.

“You work this floor alone at night?” Elijah asked.

You nodded.

“Isn’t that dangerous?” he asked.

‘Don’t worry about me,” you said, “But here is that picture.”

You handed him the file and he stared at the picture.

“It appears that I was wrong. I do not recognize him,” Elijah said, handing you the folder back.

“Well thank you for trying Mr. Mikaelson,” you said, putting the file away.

“Please, Y/N, call me Elijah,” he said.

“Well, Elijah, it was nice meeting you, but I’m afraid you must leave. Visiting hours are over and no one is allowed after dark,” you said.

“Yes, I am aware of the rules, but I have made many contributions to this hospital and I am sure that my decision to stay and look after a nurse working all by herself to protect her will be seen as an act of kindness,” he stated.

“Elijah, I assure you that you don’t need to worry about me,” you pressed, “You just met me anyway.”

Elijah gave you a polite smile and sat in one of the two chairs behind the desk. He sat you down in the other one.

“Well, I’m afraid I’m staying,” he said to you.

You chuckled and shook your head.

“Of course you are. What a gentleman,” you said.

“Well would you allow this gentleman to take you out to dinner sometime, Y/N?” he asked.

“Yes I would, Elijah,” you responded.

Who knew a hospital was a nice place to start something new?