Sam, Dean, and Cas (Just Dance)

“Why are we doing this again?” Dean groaned, walking into the empty room Sam had just finished clearing.

“It’s to bond, Dean. Game Night Friday,” Sam sighed, “How many times do i have to tell you that?”

“Until it starts to sound like a good idea,” Dean said, sitting at a table and putting his feet up.

Sam rolled his eyes at his brother’s stubborn nature.

“What is it then, Dean?” he asked in a monotone voice.

“Girly, Sammy. Stupid. Useless,” Dean listed.

Sam knew his brother would say that.

“So why are you still here?” Sam asked, getting frustrated.

“To say i told you so when it all goes wrong,” Dean smiled.

There was a snap and suddenly, an XBox was hooked up to a big screen TV. The Winchester boys looked behind them to see Gabriel.

“On behalf of Castiel,” he said, disappearing.

Cas appeared right after.

“Do you like it? Gabriel said it would be a good idea,” he smiled.

He thought he was helping. He had it pictured in his mind that the three men would play and be a family.

Sam picked up the game next to the console.

“Just Dance,” he read.

Dean groaned.

“What are three men going to do with that game?” he said.

“Please, Dean,” Cas pleaded.

Dean looked at him and saw a young Sam pleading to do something. The same puppy dog eyes and jittering bodies that revealed excitement. He couldn’t say no to Sam back then, and he couldn’t say no to Cas now.

“Put the game on,” he said reluctantly.

Sam put it in, curiously thinking about what was going through his brother’s head, but brushed it off as trying to help Cas adjust.

The trio took their positions as the game started. They looked through the list of songs and argues between “Eye of the Tiger”, “Acceptable in the 80s”, and “Who Let the Dogs Out?”. But they ultimately danced to “Cotton Eye Joe”.

They danced through all the songs. They were all tired and sweating profusely. Even Cas, and he was an angel. They struggled and fumbled and constantly ended up bumping into each other.

The boys plopped down at the table.

Cas was good. He was excellent. But it was because he could absorb the movements in a matter of seconds. Sam was also good, but his height caused him some issues with some of the moves. Dean was… Well, he wasn’t bad. But his reluctance left him barely moving. And when he did move, he either bumped into someone or fell.

“Did you have fun?” Sam asked.

Cas nodded slowly.

“I didn’t think it would be so tiring,” he admitted.

“I finally see why dancing is considered a sport,” Dean added.

“We’re never playing this game again,” Sam said.

Dean and Cas nodded in agreement.

Cas snapped and the XBox was gone.

“We are never talking about this again,” Dean said.

All three nodded.

And one thing was for sure, Game Night Fridays were no more.