Derek Hale (Trap)

You were Isaac Lahey’s best friend. You helped him through the abuse and his new werewolf status. you knew he was living with his alpha because he had nowhere to go. You had offered him a room in your home, but he had refused because you were a girl and it wouldn’t be “proper”. You tried to convince him otherwise, because you wanted the best for him, but he wasn’t hearing it.

Today, at school, Isaac had told you that he was now living with Scott McCall, a mutual friend of yours. You thought he had just become uncomfortable and decided to move. Scott had later told you that it was because Derek had kicked him out.

You hadn’t known that Derek Hale was the alpha. If you had, you would have forced Isaac to live with you. Derek was always around your house and seemed to be wherever you went. And he had a strange habit of staring at you. Derek was hot, you realized that, but he was very dangerous and troubled. You had seen him snap before and didn’t want Isaac to get hurt.

A knock on your house door interrupted your thoughts. When you opened it, Isaac was there with tears in his eyes. he had claw marks on his cheek and was bleeding from them.

You gasped and brought him into your house immediately. You hugged him and allowed him to cry on you shoulder. You comforted him like you knew how to. When he finished, you went to your bathroom to fetch the first aid kit. You sat Isaac down and cleaned his wound while putting something on a bruise that he had above his eye. You also noticed a split lip.

“What happened, Isaac?” you asked.

“I don’t want you to know,” he said.

That’s how you knew someone had beaten him. Isaac knew you were a hothead. You always got into fights while defending your friends, especially Isaac.

“Isaac, tell me. Now,” you said.

“No, Y/N,” Isaac persisted.

“Isaac, spit it out,” You demanded.

“Fine. Derek got mad at me for making a mistake. And, well, this happened,” he explained.

Derek. Of course. You had had enough of this Derek Hale.

“Isaac, get in the car,” you instructed.

Isaac facepalmed, knowing what you were going to do, but he also knew it was useless to argue with you. He got into the passenger’s seat of the car he had came in and you got into the driver’s side. Following Isaac’s directions, you made it to Derek’s place quickly. Isaac knocked on the door and you stood next to him. Derek opened up and you stepped forward.

“Hi, Y/N Y/L/N. You owe my friend Isaac here an apology,” you said.

“Oh, do i?” Derek said, stepping outside.

You stood your ground because you weren’t afraid of him.

“Yeah, you do,” you nodded.

“Okay,” Derek said, turning to Isaac, “Isaac, I’m sorry.”

Isaac looked at you shocked, and you motioned for him to get into the car. When he did, you turned to Derek again.

“Listen up and listen good, Hale. That boy has been through enough, so you had better leave him alone. Next time, we won’t just be talking. Alpha or not, i will put you in your place,” you warned.

Derek leaned on the doorway.

“Tell you what,” he said, “I’ll leave Isaac alone if you go out with me.”

“Are you serious?” you asked, confused.

You hadn’t been expecting that

Derek nodded.

You looked at Isaac, who was slightly smiling. You looked back at Derek.

“Was this a way of you luring me into this conversation?” you asked in realization.

“Isaac’s idea,” Derek confirmed.

“Idiots,” you muttered, “Yeah, fine.”

“Great. See you soon,” Derek said, kissing your cheek quickly before going back inside.

You turned to Isaac and shot him a glare. Not that you minded going out with Derek, just that you had been trapped. Isaac sensed your anger, and got out of the car and ran off.

“Can’t outrun a car!” you shouted, getting in the driver’s side and driving after him.

You were so going to get him.