Tony Stark (Iron or Man?)

You were Pepper's cousin. You were there for her when she had broken up with him. She wanted a family and he didn't. She wanted to live a simple life and he didn't. She wanted the opposite of what he did. Pepper found a new guy, who happened to be your ex boyfriend. But you didn't let it bother you because she was happy. Pepper resigned from her job with Tony and got a new one with her new boyfriend. However, she had snagged you an interview to be Tony Stark's personal assistant.

You didn't like the thought of that, but it was your only option at this point. You had just been fired from your job and you couldn't find any available jobs.

You got dressed for your interview and made your journey to Stark tower. JARVIS gave you instructions on where to go.

"You must be...," Tony began, glancing at your file, "Ms. Y/L/N."

"That's me," you nodded.

"I'm Tony Stark, obviously," he grinned.

You resisted the urge to roll your eyes.

"Why should i allow you to be my personal assistant?" Tony asked.

You wanted to give a sarcastic comment, but you swallowed it and gave a fake smile.

"Because i'm sure a busy man like you has no time on his hands to be dealing with organization," you said.

"Acceptable answer," he nodded, "Are you evil?"

"Um, no," you said.

"Your have a record here. You were arrested on a public fighting charge," Tony said.

"If you read more, the charge was dropped because it was self defense," you responded.

"You're strong," he smirked, "I like that. One last question: Do you think i'm handsome?"

"No," you said honestly.

His smirk dropped.

"What? Why not?" He questioned.

"For someone to be handsome, there personality has to be as well. And you, Mr. Stark, have a pretty ugly personality," you answered.

"Interview's over. You can leave. I will contact you if you get the job," he said, turning away from you.

"Have a good day, Mr. Stark," you said, kindly, before leaving.

The next day, you got a call as you were going to visit Pepper.

"Hello?" You answered.

"It's Tony Stark," the caller replied.

"What can i do for you, Mr. Stark?" You asked.

"Call me Tony. Can you come to the tower? I have something to show you," he said.

"Okay. Sure," you agreed.

The line went dead and you sighed. You put your phone away before turning around and going to Stark towers.

To your surprise, Tony greeted you at the door himself. He silently led you upstairs and into an empty, dark room.

You looked at him questioningly and he turned on the lights. You saw pictures of Tony helping children and helping people in need. They almost brought you to tears.

"I may act like an ugly personality, but on the inside i don't," Tony said, softly.

He grabbed your hand and put it to his chest.

"That's a heart. Not the arc- reactor. I don't care if i have a heart attack anymore, i just want to show that i care," he explained.

He was holding your hand tight and you pulled away.

"I was wrong about you," you said.

"Explain," Tony prodded.

"You aren't arrogant or cocky or rude. You're trying to protect yourself from getting hurt," you realized, "You care too much and it scares you."

"You understand me," he whispered, pulling you into a close embrace.

You looked up at him and he leaned in to kiss you gently. You kissed back, but soon pulled away.

"Oh, by the way, you're hired," Tony said, hugging you again.

You laughed.

You finally saw the Man part of Iron Man.