Sherlock (Bullet)

You had been transferred to Scotland Yard a month ago because they need your help on a case. You had solved it within a week, so you just stood to help them with more. You were an American detective, but you had been born in London. You moved to America for college. You had lost your accent, but it came out when you were angry.

For this case, Lestrade wanted you to work with his consultant. You were all for it. You were currently sitting in the conference room with Lestrade, waiting for him. A man with curly hair in a long, black trenchcoat walked in. He looked at you and scoffed.

“Is this the woman who has been stealing my cases?” he asked.

“Wow, not even five seconds and you’ve already made a dick move,” you responded.

“Calm down, Agent Y/L/N,” Lestrade said, “He’s always like that.”

“Wait, Y/L/N?” the man repeated.

“Yeah, Y/N Y/L/N,” you confirmed, “Why?”

“Sherlock Holmes,” the man said.

You groaned.

“God, i prayed i’d never see you again,” you said.

You had dated Sherlock. He had been your first love. But all he did was ignore you. He laughed at you dreams and he told you you would never succeed. He hurt you, so you dumped him.

“Single, anger issues, lack of patience, and you graduated top of your class very easily. That’s going by your lack of a ring, clenched fists, and lack of stress lines,” Sherlock analyzed.

“I met him, can i go now?” you asked Lestrade, annoyed with Sherlock.

Lestrade sighed and nodded and you walked out.

“Did he analyze you?” Donovan asked with a chuckle.

You nodded with a groan.

“He is a weird one, isn’t he?” Donovan continued.

“I used to date him,” you told her.

“Good God,” Donovan gasped, clutching her chest, “Best of luck to you.”

You watched her scamper away.

“I’m going to need it,” you muttered.

You were about to head home when you were called back into Lestrade’s office. Sherlock was still there.

“Yes, sir?” you asked.

“I want you and Sherlock out on patrol. Just for an hour. We got a tip that something might go down,” Lestrade said.

You groaned inwardly, but swallowed it and nodded.

“I’m sorry i analyzed you,” Sherlock said as you both headed to your assigned location.

“Whatever,” you said, knowing Sherlock never apologized.

“And i’m sorry we didn’t work out. Though, i still don’t understand why you ended it,” Sherlock continued.

“You ignored me. You shut me out. Then you crushed my hopes and dreams. Why wouldn’t i have ended it?” you snapped.

Sherlock remained silent, which you were thankful for.

Just as you both turned the corner to where you were supposed to stay, you heard voices. You pulled out your gun and turned into the middle of a drug selling operation. Most of the guys took off, but three stayed because they were armed. Sherlock was bare, so they turned their guns to him. You pushed him behind a car and took three bullets for him. You fell to one knee, but maintained the pain long enough to shoot the three thugs down. You fell to the ground. Your world went black immediately.

You woke up in a hospital room with Sherlock next to you. He was holding your hand and talking. You decided to keep pretending to hear him finish speaking.

“And i love you, Y/N. God, i love you. I’m sorry i hurt you when we were together. I’m sorry i was so rude and unkind. And i’m sorry it took me so long to say the words. But i do still love you,” Sherlock said, “I always have and i never stopped.”

You opened your eyes and gave him a little smirk.

“I still love you, too, Sherlock,” you coughed.

“Hang on, Y/N. I won’t leave your side until you’re better,” he promised, kissing your forehead.

You knew you would be safe with Sherlock by your side.