Kurt Wagner (Nightcrawler)

You were a human. You were a substitute teacher, since you were still working to get your Masters. You had stopped off at the store on your way home. Your trunk was full of groceries and you had to carry them in all by yourself.

You sighed and stepped out of your car. You grabbed two bags and opened the door to your house, going inside and plopping the bags down on the counter. You went back outside, but two men were in the middle of the street. One tackled the other and you let out a surprised yelp.

You ran out and pulled the huge, smelly guy off the scrawny blue on. Scrawny blue one. This wasn’t normal. You gasped and jumped back. The huge guy had disappeared. That left you alone with the scrawny blue guy. You noticed red seeping from his shirt.

It was blood. You felt bad, so you hoisted him up by the shoulders and half carried, half dragged him into your home. His eyes were closed and he wasn’t conscious. You put him on your couch and took off his shirt. You stared for a second because it was blue. But you noticed other scars, which stuck out.

You shook it off and fixed up his wounds. You got out a giant sweater you had and placed it on him. You didn’t want him to feel uncomfortable when he woke up. You went back out to your car and got the rest of the groceries. When you went back inside, the man was gone. You placed the bags on the counter and looked around.

“Hello?” you called.

The man landed on his feet in front of you and you gasped. You took a breath and looked at him as he stood up.

“You scared me,” you said, “Don’t do that.”

“I’m sorry that i make you fear me,” he replied.

“It’s not you. It’s what you did,” you said.

“You don’t think i’m a freak?” he questioned.

“No. I don’t,” you answered, shaking your head, “I’m Y/N.”

“My name is Kurt Wagner. But people call me Nightcrawler because i’m a mutant,” he replied.

“You got attacked. Does that happen often?” you asked.

He nodded.

“But you helped me. Thank you, Y/N,” he said.

“Anytime,” you smiled, “Would you like to stay for dinner?”

“I mustn't. I have to leave before the other mutant comes back,” he responded, shaking his head.

“Oh. Okay,” you said.

You didn’t know why, but you wanted him to stay. You felt like there was a connection, but you tried to ignore it. Kurt looked at you up and down. He seemed confused.

“Why did you help me?” he asked.

“You needed it. I would help anyone,” you shrugged.

Kurt put a hand to your cheek and stroked it gently.

You looked into each other’s eyes and he kissed you softly.

The kiss was interrupted by your door being kicked in. You both separated and Kurt clutched you close to him. You watched as the mutant from before stepped in front of you. All of a sudden, he wasn’t there. A starry night sky was.

You were confused and you looked around. You were on top of the Eiffel Tower in France. You gasped and leaned closer to Kurt.

“I transport places. We can go back soon,” he assured you.

You nodded silently and didn’t look down.

“Are you afraid of heights?” he asked.

You nodded and he smiled a bit.

“Let’s walk down,” he suggested.

Your stomach growled.

“Maybe we can enjoy that meal together, after all,” Kurt chuckled.