11th Doctor (For Laine)

You were getting ready for your date tonight. A boy at your school had finally asked you out after a whole three months of flirting. You looked at yourself in the mirror and put on the infinity symbol necklace you had. You paused and stared at it.

The memories came flooding back. You were once the Doctor’s companion. You were for a whole two years. You loved it. And you loved him. You had no troubles and you journeyed everywhere. He showed you that the world can be kind and beautiful. And there was more than your mind could ever possibly understand. You remembered how much he had taught you.

Then your mind snapped to that horrid night. The Doctor had taken you to a seemingly abandoned planet. He told you to go off and explore. He wanted to do something with the TARDIS. You had forgotten your key. You went behind a pile of rocks and the Doctor disappeared. You had yelled for him, but he was gone. You became scared.

Then you heard it. The noise of something becoming energized.

“Exterminate!” they called.

The daleks. The Doctor was gone, so you took refuge behind every pile of rock you could find. Then you were cornered and almost destroyed until the TARDIS appeared in front of you. The Doctor had saved you and you gave him a grateful. Just as you were about to speak your loving words, out of his mouth came hateful ones.

“Laine! How incompetent are you?!” he shouted.

Your heart sank.

“It wasn’t my fault, Doctor,” you said, trying to defend yourself.

“You are so lucky i noticed you forgot your key!” he roared.

He held it out and when you reached your hand for it, he yanked it out of your grasp.

“Oh, no, Laine! You are too dangerous. You’re going home,” he fumed.

He turned the controls and you wiped away the one tear of pain that had fallen. Your heart had been broken and your dreams had been crushed.

That was the night you returned to your lonely apartment that you lived in for school. And he brought you back to only a day after you had first left. It was as if you had never traveled with him at all.

It had been a little over a year since that day. You shook off the memory and gave yourself a smile in the mirror. There was a knock on the door and you knew it was your date, Harry. He was taking you to the movies. You didn’t know what you were going to watch, but you just hoped you had a good time.

You left with Harry and arrived fairly quickly. As you settled into your seats, you realized you were alone.

“Harry, why is it completely empty in here?” you asked, “It’s only us.”

“Well, the movie’s been out for two weeks and every one has seen it, Laine,” he blushed.

You felt bad for embarrassing him, so you put on a smile.

“Okay then,” you said.

The film started and the lights were slowly going out. The door exploded and you heard the sound of sonic and the lights stayed on. You saw the familiar face of the Doctor in front of the screen and he was holding his sonic screwdriver.

“Laine?” he called.

You grabbed Harry’s hand to steady yourself because you felt sick.

“Laine, are you okay?” Harry asked.

You nodded.

“Who are you and what the hell is going on?” Harry shouted.

“I’m the Doctor and Laine knows me,” The Doctor said, staring at your entwined hands.

“Why are you here, Doctor?” you asked.

“We have to get into the TARDIS. There are shadows here,” the Doctor urged, “Bring the boy.”

You tugged on Harry’s hands and followed the Doctor into an alley and into the TARDIS and ran in. Harry was shocked but you quickly explained and he paled but kept a grip on your hand.

“Who is he?” the Doctor asked, starting to play with the controls.

“His name is Harry. And you just interrupted our date,” you responded.

“Date? But i thought…,” The Doctor trailed off.

“Thought what? You could take her to your planet and experiment on her?” Harry exclaimed.

You and the Doctor rolled your eyes.

“That’s the problem with you humans. You never think,” the Doctor muttered.

“Hey,” you said, “I’m human and i think plenty. So watch what you say.”

“I didn’t mean you, Laine,” the Doctor sighed, “You’re brilliant.”

“I thought i was incompetent,” you said, hauling his hurtful words back at him.

The Doctor looked saddened.

“Take Laine and i home,” Harry demanded.

“I don’t like him,” the Doctor said.

You scoffed and rolled your eyes. You noticed a glimmer of courage in his eyes.

“You’re mine,” he whispered and kissed you.

You kissed back and pulled away when you realized a defeated looking Harry standing behind him. You and the Doctor dropped him off at a bus stop somewhere.

“Ready to travel the stars again?” he asked with a grin.

You gave him a thoughtful look and he took your hand.

“Together?” he asked, looking into your eyes.

“Together,” you agreed, with a smile.