Spencer Reid (For paddy96coolpink)

You held your gun like you were trained as you and your partner, Spencer Reid approached the target’s house.

You and the rest of your team from the BAU were hunting a serial killer. He was being called the Gravedigger. He kidnapped people and would bury them alive with enough oxygen for 48 hour, while he called their families for ransom money.

You and the team had managed to track him down from a failed kidnap attempt, in which the child targeted had managed to fight away and get to the police station. Her description of the man had led you here.

The rest of the team was split between protecting his possible new victim and checking out another possible suspect.

You and Reid had heard a gunshot upon approaching the property, which is why your guns were drawn. You were going around the back while Reid entered from the front.

You liked Reid, more than you should.

He was able to keep you happy in such a gruesome job. He made it a point that if he even caught the slightest hint that the job was changing you, he’d take you somewhere fun. You did the same for him. Morgan was like an overprotective older brother. Garcia, JJ, and Prentiss were all like sisters to you. Hotch was back and forth between being the big boss and concerned parent. Rossi was obviously the fun loving uncle.

You were pulled out of your thoughts by a sizzling noise behind you. You turned, only to receive an electrocuting sensation that sent you into darkness.

When you came to, you were in a car. You heard a hissing and saw an oxygen tank in the back seat. You tried to open the window, but was quickly met with rocks pouring in, so you closed it. That’s when you realized you had become the Gravedigger’s newest victim. You observed the oxygen tank to find it only had 39 hours left. You looked at the car around you, finding things that would help keep you alive when the tank went out.

You had nothing else to do except wait and hope. But you didn’t like that option.

You found a cellphone, but had no signal.

“No problem,” you whispered to yourself.

You quickly opened the wire box beneath the steering wheel and connected it to the wires of the phone, creating a satellite phone. It was only good enough for one short text. The Gravedigger had kindly left you a map with your deathbed circled.

“Asshole,” you hissed, as you typed your coordinates and hit send.

The phone shocked you as it blew out.

“I hoped it work,” you silently prayed.

As the tank lowered to 3 hours, your chest had gotten tight, so you blew up an airbag to breath. You realized you had a very slim chance of survival, so you wrote goodbye notes on the pages of the map you had been left.

You didn’t want to be lost like most of the Gravedigger’s victims, so you used the camera, batteries, and left over wires in the car to create a bomb.

You knew it would blow out the windshield, probably blowing you to the surface. But if you were too far underground, you would be suffocated. You were willing to take the chance, so you watched the tank hit an hour. You were gasping for air. You climbed into the back seat and looked up.

“Find me,” you prayed, hitting the button.

The car exploded and you only saw darkness, as you became overwhelmed by dirt and rocks. You couldn’t breathe and knew it was over.

However, just as you began slipping away, something grabbed your hand and pulled you up.

You gasped for air and opened your eyes weakly to find your team surrounding you. Spencer was holding you and JJ grabbed your hand and Derek kept his hand on your leg. The others ran to get an ambulance.

“You found me,” you whispered, smiling tiredly.

“Did you ever doubt we would?” Derek said.

“You helped us save you, you secret genius. Why didn’t you tell us you could do any of that stuff, Y/N?” JJ asked.

You were too tired to answer.

Spencer pressed his lips onto yours.

“I am not letting you go anywhere alone again. I love you too much, Y/N,” he whispered, holding you tighter.

Your heart soared, but you spotted the ambulance waiting.

“Spence, I love you too. But do you think I can go to the hospital now?” you asked.

“Right! Sorry!”