Arthur (Jealousy)

Arthur, Merlin, and you were best friends. Arthur found joy in teasing you. You didn’t find it funny. But he was the son of the king. He often abused his status and had Merlin locked up twice already. You were afraid that the same would happen to you.

A small part of you liked Arthur, but you knew that he would never like you as more than just a friend. Sometimes, Arthur would hold your hand or talk about how he would always protect you. Then he would see another girl and rush off to flirt with her.

You were closer to Merlin than Arthur and he could tell your feelings before you could. You refused to talk to him about it. Merlin assured you that he’d always be there for you.

Sometimes you felt as if it should be Merlin that you liked. But you knew him so well that it made him seem like a brother to you. You couldn’t see him as more.

You were currently hanging out with Merlin and he was showing you some new spells he was practicing. You were helping him concentrate. He would always break focus and you could see he was tired.

“How long have you been practicing, Merlin?” you asked.

“Since last night,” Merlin admitted.

“Have you enjoyed yourself at all?” you questioned.

“No,” Merlin said, looking at the ground.

“Merlin, you know what happens when you work too hard,” you scolded.

“I just wanted to get it right,” Merlin sighed.

“Time for a break,” you said.

“But, Y/N-,” Merlin began.

“No. We are going to do something fun,” you interrupted.

“Like what, Y/N?” Merlin asked.

You smirked at him and he knew what you were going to do.

“Y/N, no,” Merlin said, grinning already.

He tried to run from you, but you jumped on his back. You began tickling him until he fell. You ended up on top of him. You continued to tickle him with a grin on your face. You heard someone clear their throat and you looked up to see Arthur.

You and Merlin both stopped fooling around and stood. You both exchanged serious looks when you noticed that Arthur looked angry.

“Having fun?” Arthur asked.

“Y/N was just helping me relax. I was practicing too hard,” Merlin explained.

“You know how he gets when he practises too hard,” you added.

“Oh, yes. It’s obvious that you two were relaxing,” Arthur growled.

“What’s your problem?” Merlin asked.

Arthur grabbed Merlin by the collar and almost punched him. You gasped and put your hands on Arthur’s arms to try and pull him off. At your touch, Arthur let Merlin drop to the ground. Arthur looked at you and stomped off angrily.

You looked at Merlin questioningly, but Merlin looked just as confused as you.

“Go after him,” Merlin urged you.

You hesitated before running after Arthur.

“Arthur, what is wrong with you?” you asked, catching up.

Arthur kept walking, ignoring you.

“Arthur, talk to me,” you said.

“Go back to Merlin,” Arthur growled, waving you off.

“Merlin and i were just having a little bit of fun. What’s so wrong with that?” you asked.

Arthur turned to you and grabbed your wrists, yanking you close to him. He forced his lips onto yours and kissed you angrily.

“I love you! That’s what’s wrong! And you’re with him!” Arthur shouted.

“Arthur,” you said, remaining calm, “Merlin and i are just friends. I love you, too.”

Arthur’s face softened at your words.

“You and Merlin aren’t together?” Arthur asked, softly.

You shook your head.

“And you love me, too?” he questioned.

You nodded and looked at the ground. Arthur hooked a finger under your chin and lifted your face up to his. He kissed you gently this time. You both pulled away smiling. Clapping was heard behind you and Merlin was there.

“About time,” Merlin chuckled.

You smiled.

You knew he was right.