Castiel (Friend)

You were sitting in your car, looking at a map. You were a hunter and you had just finished up a case. The angels had fallen and you were now fighting both demons and angels.

You got a phone call and answered it after the third ring.

"Hello?" You answered.

"Y/N, it's Sam. I need your help," Sam said.

You were old friends with Sam because you used to be close to Jess, who passed away. You had both discovered you were hunters after a little run in with a wendigo. You and Dean never got along, so when you worked together, you kept it short.

"Sure, Sam. What can i help the Winchester boys with today?" You asked.

"It's just me. I just need help with a spell i'm doing. Can you bring me some things?" He asked.

You were surprised he wasn't with Dean, but agreed to get the ingredients for him anyway. You made a list and went to the nearest witch black market and easily found the ingredients.

You went back to your car when you were made. Someone realized you were a hunter and pinned you to the car. The bags fell out of your hands and you reached for your gun at your side.

The witch lit up with a bright white light and you closed your eyes. When you reopened them, the witch was dead on the ground and there was a man in a trenchcoat staring at you. An angel.

"Sam Winchester sent me. I'm supposed to help you get to his location," the angel said, raising his hands to calm you, "I am Castiel."

You picked up the bags you had dropped and looked at him.

"Well, Castiel, i'd rather drive," you said.

"You can't really drive to the location because it is a hidden underground bunker," he said, looking at you.

You sighed and gave in. You felt his hand touch your forehead and in no time, you were standing next to Sam.

"How about a warning next time?" You said to Sam, referring to Castiel.

You handed Sam the bags.

"Sorry," Sam said.

He looked tired and worn.

"You okay Sam? You don't look too good," you spoke.

"Your friend Sam has been through the trials and had an angel inside him. I am healing him. We need the ingredients to perform a spell to remove the last of the grace and find the angel who was inside him to kill him," Castiel said.

"Thanks for filling me in," you said.

"Y/N," Sam said, "Don't do anything. Just let us work."

"Fine, but i'm staying until it's done," you said, sitting in a chair at the table.

Sam sighed but nodded and Castiel smiled at you. You smiled back, feeling confused.

"Come on," Sam said, leading both of you to a medical room.

Castiel strapped Sam to a table and you watched him stick a needle into your best friend's neck. You watched Sam scream and struggle. You listened to Castiel and Sam have a whispered conversation. You felt the anxiety and worry grow inside you.

You decided Sam had had enough when he passed out and began to bleed from his nose.

You places a hand on Castiel's shoulder.

"Please stop. You're killing him. Sam is acting ready for death because he is hurt. He has something to prove. He needs someone to straighten him out. Please stop," you begged.

Castiel looked in your eyes and froze, but didn't pull the needle out.

"Castiel, please," you continued, on the verge of tears.

"You care for him a lot," Castiel said.

"He's my best friend," you said, looking at Sam.

"He's mine, too," Castiel said, pulling the needle out.

You noticed that you had started crying and went to the bathroom to clean yourself up.

When you came back out, Castiel and Sam had finished the spell, but it hadn't worked. They hugged and Sam left the room.

"Thank you, Castiel," you said, walking over to him.

You hugged him tightly and pulled away. Castiel looked at you for a second before kissing you passionately. You kissed back and felt your heart flutter. You both pulled away and looked at each other. You smiled at him and laughed.

"What?" Castiel asked.

"I never thought I'd fall for an angel in a trenchcoat," you responded.

"Well, now you have an angel to watch over you," he said.

You kissed him gently.

"Nice to know," you smiled, walking away.

The fallen angel had definitely stolen your heart.