Scott McCall (Anchor)

You were on your computer doing your history report while blasting Fall Out Boy from your phone. You suddenly heard a strange tapping on your bedroom window. You expected it to be Stiles’, your twin brother, best friend Scott. But there was no one there.

You saved my work to print it out later and shut off the music on your phone. You layed down on your bed and thought about Scott. Scott usually snuck in through your window because Stiles didn’t have one that opened anymore. Your father had nailed it shut after your goofball brother almost fell out of it.

You had a bit of a crush on Scott since the third grade. Of course, the day you were going to finally tell him, he started crushing on Allison. That broke your heart, but you swallowed it and kept being there for him.

After you found out the werewolf secret, you had been kidnapped by the twins along with Allison. You thought Scott would save you, but he saved Allison instead. The twins had no choice but to let you go because you annoyed them constantly. You had been left to save yourself.

You still weren’t on speaking terms with Scott and he didn’t push to talk to you either. That hurt, too. Scott and Stiles didn’t even need you. They could go on without you. But they were pretty much your only friends. You had other friends, of course. You weren’t awfully shy, but you weren’t very outgoing either.

You became withdrawn and eventually just stopped talking to people. You did talk to Derek, though. He thought of you as another little sister and looked out for you.

Your phone began to ring and you noticed it was text from Stiles. It said that he was with Lydia and wouldn’t be coming home until later. Your dad was working a late shift at work That left you alone. You grabbed your jacket and put it on. You thought you would go to Derek’s and hang out for a couple of hours.

You stopped in the mirror, noticing the bite mark scar that had been left on your neck from when you were kidnapped. Luckily, it hadn’t been deep enough to turn you. You traced it absently with your finger. You shook it off and picked up your phone.

You looked back in the mirror and almost screamed. Scott was outside of your window. You groaned and rolled your eyes.

You turned and opened your window for him. Scott walked in and walked past you, going to look for Stiles. He came back into your room as you grabbed your computer and put it into a bag. You thought to take it with you to see if Derek would let you print it out at his place.

“Y/N, where’s Stiles?” Scott asked you.

You shrugged.

“Why don’t you talk?” he sighed.

“I do talk, just not to you,” you replied, “Stiles is with Lydia. He probably won’t be back until later.”

“Why didn’t you tell me that earlier?” he questioned.

“I didn’t feel like it,” you answered, putting the bag over your shoulder.

“Can i talk to you then?” Scott asked.

You were about to reply with something cold, but you saw the pain in his eyes. You sighed and put the bag down with your phone. You slipped off your jacket and sat on your bed.

“Sure,” you said, “I can go to Derek’s later.”

“Why were you going to Derek’s?” he asked, confused.

“To hang out,” you responded, “I don’t like always being alone.”

“You can hang out with me,” he told you.

You chuckled and shook your head.

“Very funny. Now tell me what’s wrong,” you said.

“Allison and i broke up,” Scott said, sitting next to you.

“I’m sorry, Scott,” you said.

“Because she’s a hunter and i’m a werewolf. But i know it’s because she likes Isaac,” he continued, “And now i don’t know what to do. I feel like i’m losing control.”

“Scott, you were emotionally attached to this girl and she was your anchor. You’re heartbroken. Like any teenage boy. But your emotions are intensified because you’re a werewolf. Heartbreak happens. It’s a part of life and what sucks is that you can’t fight it. You just need to calm down, pick yourself up, and find someone else. Someone that is worthy of your love,” you comforted him.

Scott smiled softly, but then began to shake. He stood and walked to the corner of the room. You were confused by his actions and tried to walk up to him.

“Stay away. I don’t want to hurt you. I can’t control it,” Scott said to you.

Yes, Scott had hurt you and you felt like you’re friendship had been broke. But you knew you he needed a friend and you couldn’t just leave him like this.

You stepped closer to him.

“Scott, you can do this. You can control it. I know you can. You just have to believe in yourself. I believe in you,” you soothed him.

You watched Scott calm down and look up at you. You gave him a small smile and he engulfed you in a huge hug, burying his face in your neck.

“Thank you, Y/N,” he whispered.

“Anytime, Scott,” you whispered back.

Scott pulled away from you and ran a hand over the bite mark scar on your neck.

“Derek told me about this. It’s my fault, isn’t it? That’s why you hate me,” he said.

“I don’t hate you,” you sighed, “I just felt abandoned by my best friend.”

You shrugged.

“But it’s whatever,” you said.

Scott grabbed your hands and sat you down on the bed.

“It’s not whatever, Y/N. I did abandon you. I was so set on protecting someone who wouldn’t have done the same for me that i forgot about my best friend. And i’m so sorry for that. But you also need to know that i had faith in you. That you could save yourself. And you did. But i still should have protected you,” he told you, looking in your eyes, “I’m so sorry.”

“Scott, it’s okay,” you assured him, squeezing his hands comfortingly.

“Do you want to know what i was thinking of to control myself?” he asked you suddenly.

“Sure,” you said.

“You. I was thinking of you. You’re my anchor, Y/N,” he said, capturing your lips with his.

Scott was kissing you and you didn’t even think before you kissed back. When you both pulled away, he smiled at you.

“I love you, Y/N,” Scott said softly.

“I love you, too, Scott,” You smiled.

It was then that you knew that Scott was your own anchor.