Castiel (Protection)

You were running from some… thing with yellow eyes. It’s skin seemed like it was melting off and it tried to touch you. You had bolted off before it could. You didn’t know what would happen if it did touch you, but you could tell that it wouldn’t be pretty.

You bumped into a tall guy’s chest and fell back.

“Crap! Sorry! It’s just… There was…,” you stammered over your words, trying to explain what you had just seen without sounding crazy, “I don’t even know.”

“We do,” the tall guy said, pulling you behind him.

You watched as the shorter guy next to him pulled out a gun and shot at the thing when it came around the corner. But he missed and the thing took off.

“What is that thing?” you asked, horrified.

“A shapeshifter. And it’s targeting you,” the shorter one said, putting his gun away, “Get her in the car.”

Before you could protest, the tall one was shoving you into the backseat of an old car and getting in. The shorter one pulled off and he as speeding.

“I’m Sam. This is my brother, Dean,” Sam said.

“Y/N,” you responded, still in shock.

You could not believe what had just happened. Nor could you believe what Dean had called it. A shapeshifter. Those weren’t real. but you had seen it for yourself. You were lost. You didn’t know what to believe at the moment.

You just had to trust in the guys who had just saved your life. You didn’t even know them, but you could tell they took this stuff seriously. You knew that they had knowledge you din’t. That made them qualified for your trust.

“Where are you taking me?” you asked.

“Back to our motel room. Where you will stay until we get this thing,” Dean spoke up.

You nodded silently.

“Don’t worry, Y/N. We will have a friend stay with you,” Sam said.

You nodded again.

You made it to the motel in no time. You entered with Sam and you realized it was empty.

“Wait a second,” Sam said.

You heard the sound of fluttering wings and there was a guy suddenly in front of you. You gasped and jumped back, but Sam shushed you.

“He’s our friend, Y/N. His name is Castiel. He’s an angel. And he is going to watch you until we get back,” Sam assured you.

You sighed and nodded, giving Castiel a small smile. He merely nodded at you.

Sam left with Dean and you sat in a chair in front of the window.

“What happened, Y/N?” Castiel asked you.

“Some guy just started melting. And he chased me, trying to touch me. Dean called him a shapeshifter,” you relayed.

Castiel nodded.

“Do you know me?” he asked.

You shook your head in response.

“I know you,” he said.

“How?” you asked.

“I’ve been watching you,” he said, “Since you were born.”

“Why?” you asked softly.

“Because i felt connected,” he said simply.

“What does that mean?” you questioned.

“It means a lot of things. Mainly that i’m supposed to watch over you and protect you,” he said, not meeting your eyes.

You sensed that he wasn’t telling you the whole thing.

“Does it mean something else, castiel?” you asked.

Castiel looked hesitant, but he quickly brushed his lips against yours. He had kissed you. An angel had just kissed you.

“It means love,” he said.

You didn’t know how to respond.

But before you even could, he had disappeared.

You looked at the air and realized he was probably still listening.

You had a warm feeling inside of you and you knew what it meant.

“I love you too,” you whispered.

You felt a gust of wind blow against your face, cupping your cheek, like a human would.

You knew Castiel would always be there for you.