Castiel (Home)

You stared at the clock. Eight at night.

You sighed, knowing Castiel would still not be coming home tonight.

It had been two weeks since your boyfriend had been home.

You were beginning to worry. But he was an angel and he could look after himself, as he reminded you repeatedly.

You went outside and sat on the porch steps. You looked outside and smiled up at the night sky.

As you saw a shooting star fly past, you thought back to the day you had met.

You had been walking from work to the parking lot. It was late and you had just finished your shift. Your car seemed so far away.

You shivered and stared at your visible breath in the air. It was spring, but it still somehow managed to be freezing.

You heard a growling noise behind you. You turned, but only saw something rumbling in the bushes. You were familiar with horror movies and decided to do the smart thing no one ever seemed to do.

You took off running. You ran to your car. You heard a loud roar and felt the ground shake as something chased behind you. You pulled out your car keys but watched as a huge wolf slammed into your car, flipping it over.

You screamed and ran the opposite way, but it grabbed your leg, causing you to fall.

You screamed again as it hovered over you, baring it’s teeth.

Just as it was about to devour you, it disappeared in a bright white light. You looked up to see a gentle face looking over you in worry.

A man helped you up, checking for any bruises.

“Thank you,” you breathed.

You were shivering, from both fear and cold.

The man slipped off his trenchcoat and placed it onto your shoulders.

“I am Castiel. Angel of the Lord,” he spoke.

“Thank you for saving me, Castiel,” you said.

“I will always save you,” he promised.

He took a step away from you and you felt like he was going to leave.

“Will I ever see you again?” you asked.

“Whenever you need me, I’ll be there,” he said, disappearing.

You put the trenchcoat on correctly and walked home.

You smiled to yourself, pulling out of the memory.

You heard the flapping of wings and felt arms around you.

Your angel was home.