Avengers

You used to be an FBI profiler. Until the battle of New York. After the clean up, you were assigned to SHIELD. At Director Nick Fury's request. Your secret was that you were Maria Hill's little sister, so when you were told about your new job, you weren't really surprised. You were a bit annoyed, if anything.

Your sister led you to Fury's office on the helicarrier. You passed by the Avengers, but paid them no mind. To be a criminal profiler, you were taught to suppress your emotions and to not think highly of anyone. No one was above the law.

"You're new job is to keep the Avengers out of trouble. I've read up on your past cases and it seems you're the person for the job," Fury said.

"So you expect me to play babysitter," i chuckled, "Figures."

You and Fury had met on a few other occasions and never got along.

"I'm sorry, Y/L, were you expecting something else?" He asked.

"Yeah, respect," you replied.

"You earn that around here," Fury told you.

"Great, glad we're on the same page," You smiled innocently, batting your eyelashes.

"I am your superior. I automatically have it," Fury said.

You laughed, angrily.

"You are NOT my superior. You are just a man with control issues and feel like you're above everyone else," i told him, "And that does not fly with me. Now if you don't mind, i'm going back to my old job where i didn't have to stand around arguing with idiots all day."

You spun on your heel and walked out the door.

You noticed the Avengers were all listening outside of the door.

"Excuse me," you said, walking by them again.

They all watched you with smiling faces. You were confused, but didn't show it. You left the helicarrier and went back to your office building. Everyone asked you why you were back, but you declined to answer. Later, your sister called and you grimaced before nonchalantly picking it up.

"Hey Maria," you said.

"Get back here now," she demanded.

"Maria, no. I'm working," you responded.

"Now," she repeated.

"No!" You argued.

"Y/N, i mean it. It's important," Maria sighed.

"Fine," you gave in, hanging up.

You walked back out and made the undesirable trip back to the helicarrier. You were led into the conference room, where your sister was waiting.

"What's up, sis?" You asked.

"You've got another job," Maria said to you.

"Maria, no. I'm perfectly content tearing apart the minds of criminals and putting them in jail," you said firmly.

"You can still do that. Just up close and personal," Fury said, coming up behind you.

You turned to see him being followed by the Avengers.

"What is this?" You asked.

"I'm Tony Stark, obviously. These are my teammates: Steve Rogers, Clint Barton, Natasha Romanov, Thor, and Bruce Banner," Stark said, with his signature smile.

"We're the Avengers," Steve said.

"And we want you to join us," Clint spoke, "You've made the toughest criminals break."

"We could use you on the field," Natasha added.

"It'll be fun to watch some more arguments between you and Director Fury," Thor admitted.

"Besides, you can actually keep us in track," Bruce shrugged.

You sighed and pondered over the offer. It was tempting, but you weren't sure if it was worth it.

You subconsciously looked to your sister and noticed she was boring holes into your soul with her glare.

"Yeah. I'll give it a shot," you said.

Fury stepped forward and held out his hand.

"Welcome to the Avengers," he said.

Your handshake represented your final decision.

You were now an Avenger.