Sherlock (Dreams Part 2)

Two years passed and you were engaged to a fellow student at your college who was studying forensic science. You thought about Sherlock all the time but you were going to do your best to love the man you were with as much as you could. You knew about John and Mary and had helped him plan the proposal. You couldn’t wait for them to get married.

John didn’t know about your engagement, but Mary did. You were planning to have your wedding after theirs because you didn’t want to draw too much attention to your own celebration.

Your phone rang and it was John.

“Mary just told me you were engaged! Why didn’t you say anything?” he asked.

“Because you’re getting married and that’s all that matters right now. Don’t worry about me,” you said.

“But i would have liked to have done something nice,” he said and you could just picture him pouting.

“Well, i was curious if you would give me away?” you asked, biting your lip.

“I’d be honored,” John said.

“Now go get engaged!” you chuckled and hung up.

You were alone in your apartment that you shared with your fiance.

You were tired from finals week. You would be graduating in two. You decided to catch up on sleep. You layed down on the couch and slept the night away. The next morning, you had a voicemail from Mary about how she and John were now engaged but something weird happened. You also got a text from John telling you to go to 221B Baker Street, the old place, at noon.

You had an hour, so you took a shower and got dressed quickly. You made your way over and arrive ten minutes after.

“John, Mary called me! I’m so happy for you two!” you exclaimed, hugging him.

“And i’m so happy for you and…,” John trailed off.

“Robert. You met him last month,” you reminded.

“Right. Did Mary tell you anything else?” he asked.

“That something strange happened. But she didn’t explain. She just hung up. What happened?” you asked, worriedly.

“Someone showed up. And he shouldn’t be alive,” John sighed.

You took a step backwards.

“What are you talking about, John? Is Moriarty back?” you asked.

He shook his head and you sensed a presence behind you.

“Turn around,” you heard.

You turned slowly and saw Sherlock.

“How is this possible?” you trembled.

Sherlock’s eyes dropped to your engagement ring.

“None of that matters. You obviously didn’t care. So leave,” he said, coldly.

You were heart broken. Again. Tears built in your eyes and John stepped in front of you.

“Sherlock, Y/N mourned the most. She cried the most. I thought she’d never move on and she is finally happy. Don’t say she didn’t care. Because she cared the most,” ohn defended you.

You put a hand on his shoulder.

“No, John. Leave it. I need to go,” you said.

You turned and walked out of the apartment.

Tears slid down your cheeks and you wiped them away.

How could such a man have this effect on you?