Eleventh Doctor (Deal)

You were in a library. You had research for a case you were working. You had become a historian of a sort. You were researching the pagan gods and their temples. It was reported that one had been found and you were charged with investigating the claim.

You sat in front of a man who was reading a journal like book. He looked up at you and you retreated into your books. You could feel his eyes on you every now and then, but you kept on task. The man finally put the book down and shot you a flirty glance.

His hand tapped yours and you pulled it back, looking up at him.

“My name is Jack. I’m doing a background check on a friend of mine. I see you’re a historian, so you might know him,” he said.

“Well, my name is Y/N and i doubt i do, but let’s see,” you responded.

“He goes by the Doctor,” Jack said.

You gave him a glance. You definitely recognized the name.

You had been a companion of the Doctor once. But he was dying and only River could save him. You made a deal with River and left the Doctor’s life. And he didn’t even notice. He completely forgot about you.

You gave Jack an innocent look.

“Never heard of him,” you shrugged.

“Really, Y/N? Are you sure?” he asked, giving you a knowing smile.

You stood abruptly and grabbed your work.

“I have to go somewhere where i can actually help. Goodbye, Jack,” you said gruffly.

“See you later, Y/N!” Jack called after you.

“God, i hope not,” you muttered.

You walked back to your apartment with the feeling that you were being followed. You didn’t bother looking back because you knew that you’d see no one. It was always your mind playing tricks. You picked up paranoia after spending your time running from aliens.

You entered your apartment and flicked the light on.

In the corner of your living room, the Doctor was standing and looking at you.

You gasped and turned the light off. When you turned it on again, there was nothing. You shook it off and curse your imagination for playing a cruel trick on you. You brushed off the strange event and took a shower. You got dressed and laid down for sleep.

In the middle of the night, you were woken up by the sound of your front door opening. You picked up a baseball bat that you had in case of an intruder and you sneaked into the living room.

There were voices and you easily made out the silhouettes of two men. You snuck up behind them and swung the bat around harshly. You beat one into the kitchen and the other into your bedroom.

You heard a strange sound and all the lights in the apartment flicked on. You saw Jack walk in from the kitchen, rubbing his head.

“Give me that,” he said, snatching the bat out of your grasp.

The Doctor walked out of your bedroom with a red face. You shook off your shock and happiness of seeing him again.

“What the hell are you two doing in my apartment?” you barked.

“Looking for you,” Jack said.

“We need to talk, Y/N,” the Doctor sighed.

“The hell we do. You both need to leave,” you said, coldly.

“I did not look for you for all this time to leave now,” the Doctor answered.

He sat in one of your chairs and crossed his arms over his chest. You rolled your eyes and groaned.

“And you?” you asked.

“Oh, I’m going,” he said.

He turned and walked right out of your apartment. That left you and the Doctor alone. It was so awkward. And the tension was thick.

“What do you want?” you asked.

“Why did you make that deal?” he asked.

“To save you,” you answered.

“I had to pretend i didn’t love you. I thought you’d abandoned me. I was so angry and hurt,” he said, “Then River died and i found out the truth.”

“You loved River,” you said.

“I loved you,” he said, “I still do.”

You sat opposite of him.

“Come back to me. To the TARDIS. It’d be me, you, and Jack,” he said, leaning forward and taking your hands.

“And how would that work?” you asked.

“You and i are the married parents and Jack is our out of control son,” he grinned.

You laughed.

“I missed you, Doctor,” you said.

“I missed you too,” he said, giving you a quick kiss.

Then, your hands fit into each other’s and you ran off to travel in space.