Playing Games - Dokyeom

Requested by T0X1C_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were thinking about joining Seungkwan's little gambling ring. You weren't too experienced in it yet, but you were determined to get the hang of it.

"Ahh, [Y/N]... How do you expect me to accept you when you don't know how to play? It really wouldn't have taken you much to learn before you came." Seungkwan sighed as he walked you over to a table.

You were about to explain everything to him but he covered your mouth, "I don't wanna hear it." He pointed to a seat next to the poker table, "This is where you're going to sit and watch my best guy play. Afterward, you'll play him. If he says you've done well, I'll let you start playing."

"That's all?" You questioned, sitting down.

Seungkwan laughed, "Yeah, good luck." Right as Seungkwan left, another boy sat beside you.

"Hello there~ I'm Dokyeom...  but you can call me Seokmin as we'll be together from now on." He said this with a big smile.

"It's good to meet you Seokmin. My name is [Y/N]... just [Y/N]."

He squinted his eyes at you, "[Y/N]... Get ready for a fun day."

The day was definitely something. You watched as Seokmin won game after game, and you couldn't believe it.

"Are you cheating?" You whispered to him.

He dramatically gasped, "How could you accuse me of such a thing? I'm hurt!"

You sink back into your chair, feeling obligated to find out the truth.

"We're done here, so are you ready to play?" Seokmin stood up and held out his hand for you to take.

You didn't take it, and stood on your own, "I guess I have to be."

"Come on, I was just trying to be a gentleman. Make sure you don't get lost on the way to the private table." He said as he grabbed your hand anyway.

It probably was for the best because the amount of crowd and clutter was crazy.

"Why do we need a private room anyway?" You asked as Seokmin pulled you into the room.

"Well, normally they play strip poker in here. Don't worry, we aren't doing that. It has to be just us playing so, that's why."

You nodded your head, "Let's start, then."

"I'll play for everything I earned today. You can bet in whatever you want." He paused and counted his money. "Since it's just us two, it's a showdown."

"I'm just basing your skill on if you know when to fold or play. That's basically all it is. Here are your cards" He handed you a set of cards.

You examined them closely, "I wanna raise my bet."

Seokmin raised his eyebrows, "You're already trying to bluff? I've only ever lost one game, you know?"

"I'm sure." You replied with confidence.

"Alright, I've got a straight flush," He put his cards forward. "How do you expect to beat that?"

"Royal flush." You threw down your cards and sat back.

His widened as he looked at your cards, "You know what that is?"

"It's like the only thing I know. That's why I came here in the first place." You pulled all the money over to yourself and stuffed it into your pockets.

Seokmin rolled his eyes, "You came here because you know one hand? By the way, you gotta give half of that to Seungkwan, so don't get too friendly with it."

"Wait, does that mean you'll put in a good word for me?" You stood up in excitement.

He stood as well and walked over to you, "Yeah, of course. I've been considering an extra benefit for you, though."

"Oh, what else could there be?" You asked as you walked to the door.

Seokmin followed after you and put his hand on top of yours, "I was going to take you out for dinner, but since you took all of my money..."

"You have nothing left? Please take it back, oh my god!" You started pulling the money back out but he stopped you.

He laughed at you, "[Y/N], no! I was kidding! I'm totally loaded so, dinner?"

"It's a date!" You replied, just using an expression.

Opening the door, he smiled at you. "I'm glad you realized! Let's go see Seungkwan, then we're off."

You two walked out and gave the earnings to Seungkwan. He gladly welcomed you into his circle. He did say that you should still stick with Seokmin for a while, to be safe. It can be pretty dangerous in a casino.

"From a fun day to a fun night... Is every day this good for you?" You asked as you started walking with him to a restaurant.

He held onto your hand and swung your arm back and forth, "They will be good, just as long as you stay with me."