Shot Through the Heart [2] - Wonwoo

After locating the SM building, it didn't take long for the two of you to break in. Going underground and coming up through their floor proved to be the best method as you hadn't been caught. You came up with this idea but Wonwoo decided he'd take the credit for it.

"There's no explanation for you coming up with a great idea other than you fed off my brainwaves." He smirked. You just rolled your eyes at him as you don't have time for pointless arguments right now.

As Wonwoo checked the doors you began to question him, "Are you going to tell me who the target is yet?"

He sighed, "Some weird Canadian kid."

"Mark Lee?"

"Yes."

"Why him?"

Wonwoo heard the concern in your voice, "Why do you care? Is he your boyfriend or something?" You swear there was a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"No, I just know his division. Mark would be the least of our worries in NCT," You couldn't help but laugh, "He's basically there to annoy the hell out of Johnny."

Wonwoo wasn't amused, "You must not know Mark very well then."

A high-pitched voice came from outside the door on your right, "Who's in there?" It has to be Chenle. A dark look formed on Wonwoo's face as he waited for the door to open.

"That's a child, Wonwoo." You whisper-shouted at him.

He hesitated as the doorknob turned and the door flung open. The voice did belong to Chenle. Which was bad for you, since he began to scream like a dolphin.

Wonwoo quickly put a hand over the boy's mouth and pulled him into the room as you ran over to quietly shut the door. The baseball cap Chenle was wearing fell to the floor with a quiet thud.

"Where the hell is Mark Lee?" Wonwoo questioned, staring daggers into Chenle. You felt bad for him as he was shaking in Wonwoo's arms. This kid wasn't meant to be in the mafia.

Wonwoo slowly lifted his hand from Chenle's mouth so he could speak, "I can't-"

"You can!" Wonwoo growled at him. You flinched at Wonwoo's sudden anger.

Chenle looked to you with sad eyes, trying to make you remember the times you spent here.

Yes, NCT was your old gang. No, you'd never let Wonwoo know that. The only one who knew was Seungcheol. It was his fault that you had to make the switch between the two gangs. That's why it pained you so much to see a boy you used to treat like a little brother being interrogated so harshly.

"Wonwoo, you can't expect a low-level to know where everyone is in a building with hundreds of members in it." You didn't expect calling Chenle a low-level to hurt, but it did. It felt like you were referring to him like a bug on the bottom of your shoe. He meant more than that.

"I can take you to someone who knows." Chenle had lost all the life in his voice after just two measly minutes with Wonwoo. It brought your appreciation for Wonwoo down even further.

Wonwoo pushed the small boy toward the door, "Let's go then."

Chenle picked his hat up and put it onto your head. You could feel his hands trembling as he pushed it down, "Just in case. So no one sees your face." He flashed a worried smile at you. It felt weird having his usually confident attitude gone.

"Enough. Lead the way, pipsqueak." Wonwoo blurted out.

Haechan was the person Chenle took you to see. An incredibly disappointed Haechan.

"Really, [Y/N]? Really?" He shook his head in disbelief, "You came to hurt my best friend- no- our best friend? What the hell have they told you?"

"Haechan-"

He cut you off, "I don't think I even want to hear what you have to say. I should just tell Mark that you're here right now. I shouldn't have to deal with your bullshit!" He wouldn't even look at you, "I covered for your ass enough times!"

"What. The. Fuck." Wonwoo said blankly. With one glance you could tell how annoyed he was. His eyebrows furrowed and his teeth were clenched.

Your face grew red in embarrassment, "I didn't want this." Haechan glared at you.

"What?" Wonwoo barked.

"To be here with them," You yelled out, "To come back after Seungcheol ripped me away from my family!"

Your emotional outburst only caused Wonwoo to roll his eyes, "When I was told I was going to be working with you I was excited because you're supposed to be so badass and smart. You're just a weak ass punk." He turned around to leave but was met at the doorway by Mark Lee, accompanied by Johnny and Jaehyun.

"Oops," Haechan shrugged, "I must have texted Mark by accident!"

"Was this some kind of set-up?" Wonwoo questioned, sounding very unimpressed.

You were on the verge of tears, and all you could do was deny his question with a shake of your head. If you spoke, the tears would stream down your face like a river. Mark knew too. He always knew how you felt just by looking at you. It used to piss you off but he knew how to make you feel better so it'd all be okay in the end.

When you looked at Mark you couldn't tell what he was thinking. He was looking right at you. Confused, concerned, surprised, angry. All of them, one of them, or none of them. You couldn't tell.

Haechan kept glancing back and forth between the two of you, seemingly amused. Jaehyun walked in, scooped Chenle up, and walked out.

"Can I just leave [Y/N] and go? I don't need this bullshit today." Wonwoo broke the silence with his threat to leave you behind. Seungcheol wouldn't be happy about that, yet Wonwoo doesn't care at all.

Anger broke through in Mark's mix of emotions, "You take her away, you bring her back, and you think you can just walk away?" You've only seen him angry like this when he fights with Haechan, and it's not a pretty sight. If this is what Wonwoo meant when he said you don't know Mark, he was wrong. You've seen his bad side.

"I didn't take her away from shit. I didn't ask for her emotional ass to follow me here."

"Don't call her emotional, it's your fault she's like this right now!"

"Fuck off, you're all emotional weaklings," Wonwoo sighed in defeat, "Whatever. Take me away, do your worst to me. I'll enjoy it." Johnny rolled his eyes as he tightly locked handcuffs on Wonwoo's hands, and dragged him away.

All you could do is stand there in fear, shock, and worry. Emotional. Just like Wonwoo said you are. He's right.

If only you met under different circumstances, maybe you wouldn't have taken so many shots through your heart.