Many Ends - The8

I peered out from the wall I was hidden behind to see [Y/N] being lifted onto a stretcher, into an ambulance

I peered out from the wall I was hidden behind to see [Y/N] being lifted onto a stretcher, into an ambulance. Thankfully, they were still moving and would be okay. I didn't want to stick around for their recovery though. With me around, a recovery would never happen.

It was hard to run, but I ran anyway. I ran away from the scene, the city, even the country. I couldn't stay in China where I would just be in the way of everyone's business. Besides, if I wanted to truly get revenge I had to attack EXO-M where it really hurt. South Korea.

I stopped at [Y/N]'s house one last time before I left for a flight. I threw away every picture with me, and every item that was previously mine. Maybe they'd forget.

My flight was terrible. The people in the seats next to me kept climbing over me and I started to cry.

It was difficult throwing away 4 years of a relationship that was previously healthy. I guess it's what happens when you can only make idiot friends who get involved in shady business.

Korea would be a different story. I'm going to avoid everyone until I can get into direct contact with EXO. Taking them from the inside out would be the best case scenario.

Life would be easy from now on, or so I thought.

A few days after I landed, and I was settled in a tiny apartment, I received a call.

[Y/N].

Ignored.

My finger hung over the answer button before swiftly ignoring the call. I threw my phone on the floor, partially wanting it to break, partially wanting it to stay intact so I could see their name again. Maybe hear their voice if I really decided to give in.

I sat on the one chair I had, and stared at my phone. A notification went off. And other. The sound played at least eight times in a span of thirty minutes.

Then it rang again.

I thought about what [Y/N] would look like right now.

Would they be knitting their eyebrows in confusion? Crying out of despair? No. They can't be that worried about me.

The sound stopped playing after a minute or so. I knew I couldn't bear to hear it again.

Picking up my phone, I unlocked it and checked through the messages.

"Hey Minghao."

"Why aren't you answering?"

"Hello?"

"Did something happen?"

"Are you kidding me?"

"Whyebthe fuck are you foing this"

"Why the* doing*"

"ANSWER ME".

The only things I had in my kitchen were a few cooking utensils, a stove, a refrigerator, and a table. I pulled a knife out of the utensils and turned on the stove.

The ringtone began blaring once again. I pressed the green button.

[Y/N]'s voice came through loud and clear, and I could easily hear how relieved they were. It broke my heart to continue with my actions.

"I'm sorry." I broke them off and tossed my phone on to the stove. The plastic slowly started to melt as I could her the sound becoming distorted. Being able to hear that only made it worse.

I struck the knife through the phone screen, ending it's fight to continue functioning. Ending my relationship, once and for all.

That day marks the day of when I indefinitely became the biggest moron ever.