Never - Vernon

As I eyed the list of names that popped up on my computer, one stood out to me

[Y/L/N][Y/F/N].

I should have been surprised, but I really wasn't. It's been at least 4 years since I've seen them. They could've gotten into any kind of trouble, especially considering where they lived. I'm honestly more surprised they weren't recruited by our gang. They seem like they could've been a great addition.

I know this is a list of people to watch out for, or you could call them 'wanted'. People the police want turned in, but will give money to a gang to do the job for them. Great system, right?

Before I start daydreaming of how my life would be if [Y/N] was around, I need to figure out what Soonyoung wants done with this.

And as if right on cue, "Vernon! Seungkwan told me you got the list, why didn't you tell me first?!" Soonyoung cried out as he threw the door open, causing it to slam loudly against the wall.

I cocked an eyebrow at him, "I didn't even tell Seungkwan! Man, that sneaky little-"

"Whoa, [Y/N] finally got sold out!" He yelled out, rudely interrupting my curses. He was nearly shoving his face through the screen. Clearly, he knew a good bit about [Y/N].

"Oh, do you know them?" I questioned, trying to sound as unsuspicious as possible.

Soonyoung looked disgusted by my question, his brows drawing together. "Oh, nooo. They're just the number one fighter in all of the crime scene whom I've gone head to head with multiple times," his lips pressed shut as he nodded, "But nope. Never met them!"

How was I supposed to know they were best fighting buddies?

He answered my thoughts, "Vernon, you should really know about everything I do. I'm pretty interesting!" His eyes turned into small lines as his smile gleamed.

I rolled my eyes at his horrible cheesiness, "Well, go be interesting somewhere else." Sitting down in my chair, I waved Soonyoung off. He was persistent though.

"I know you wanna know more about [Y/N]'s life now," He smirked, "If you can get me something, I'll get you a date with them."

"Then you'd know that I haven't seen them in four years. What makes you think I'd wanna go on a date with them?" I couldn't even believe what I was saying. From the attached picture with the name, they were really good looking. Everyone expected them to turn out well, but, wow. Plus, we would get to complain about how hard the mafia is. We'll have so much to talk about, it'll be like we were never apart! Right?

Soonyoung was the one to roll his eyes now, "Yeah! Says the kid who probably just spaced out thinking about kissing [Y/N]'s cute face," He stuck his tongue out at me, "Get your head out of your pants. They're still in a rival gang, it doesnt matter if you were friends. Or had some school kid crush on them." His attitude changed back into work mode. Everyone's least favorite Soonyoung.

"You offered the date!" I yelled at him.

"Okay! Well- You shut up!" He spat back, "Respect your authority!"

I shot him a bittersweet smile. I'll respect my authority when they don't blow raspberries in my face.

"You know what? I'll get you your date so you'll have to suffer when you can't be with [Y/N]! That'll show you." Soonyoung nodded his head in agreeance with himself. He stomped out of the room, slamming the door once again to show that he somehow won.

What was the point of that conversation?

--------

It had been a couple days since [Y/N] showed up on my list. I managed to get it removed, easily, seeing that only Soonyoung and I had looked at it. He put up a little fight against it, but I convinced him by throwing more jobs his way. He liked that.

But I didn't like sitting in this restaurant for an hour, waiting for a date. Soonyoung never said that [Y/N] wanted to see me or was going to see me. Just to go to this low-class restaurant. Apparently it's their favorite now.

"Excuse me, sir, if you're not going to order then I'm going to have to ask you-"

"No!" Someone yelled out interrupting the waitress, "Don't kick him out! I'm here! I'm here." I turned around to reveal that the owner of the voice was [Y/N]. They looked even better than the picture I saw of them. Possibly because the picture was low quality and they were in the middle of work. They still looked stunning though.

Their carefree attitude still remained as I pulled out the seat, giving me a huge smile as they sat. I don't know why, but I really expected them to change.

"Never in my whole life would I think that I was going on a date with Hansol Vernon Chwe." [Y/N] let out an adorable giggle as they flipped through the menu.

I couldn't help but smile, "Honestly, don't call me weird, but I used to think about it all the time..."

"You remember it was basically my job to call you weird, right?" They raised a brow, looking at me over their menu.

The waitress came back and took our orders, leaving us to talk until our food came out. Even when we got our food, we barely ate because we couldn't stop talking.

"Four whole years of catching up, completed! And it wasn't even awkward at all." [Y/N] exclaimed. They even mouthed 'wow' after as if they were impressed with ourselves. We managed to stay in the restaurant for nearly three hours, coming close to getting kicked out multiple times. It was easy to stay for so long when I was so invested in the conversation, and maybe getting lost in their eyes.

They waved a hand in front of my face, "Hey, you awake?" They let out another giggle, which got cuter everytime they did it. "I was saying, are we going to have anything left to talk about next time?"

"Next time?"

"You don't wanna see me again?"

I felt bad, seeing they had such a sad look in their eyes, "That's not what I meant!" I rubbed the back of my head, "I'm just surprised you have no objections, or your gang had no issues with this?"

[Y/N] bit their lip, "Right now, they think I'm at a concert. So, guess I'll be going to concerts a lot." They shrugged, not caring about the possible consequences at all. I slightly nodded my head, scared for my life if we were caught doing this.

"I shouldn't walk you back then, huh?" I sighed. Admittedly, I was disheartened that I had to leave them alone at this time of night. Or that I had to leave them at all. This situation started from them getting in trouble for fighting, though, so they can fully handle themselves.

"Unless you don't feel like waking up in the morning!" Smirking, [Y/N] handed their cellphone to me, nonverbally telling me to plug my number in. However, they snagged it back before I could put my name in.

I watched as they put 'Hansol' in. "I know you prefer Vernon but it's safer for us this way. Make sure you call me!" [Y/N] cheered as they skipped away.

Never in my life did I think that my dreams would actually come true.