S. P. Y. - Joshua

Requested @svtmafia on tumblr.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't often that you found someone that would fall for your antics. You also didn't expect a guy like him to fall for it. He seemed so prestigious.

You only expected to see him once, but Joshua started popping up everywhere. Your awkward and hard-to-get flirting was only supposed to be one time. He kept finding his way to you, though.

"[Y/N]! This must be some sort of fate." He smiled as he walked next to you.

You smiled back, "Wow, worst fate ever, am I right?" You both laughed. You genuinely enjoyed his company. You just couldn't shake away your style of flirting.

"Do you want to talk over some coffee?" Joshua randomly blurted out.

You were caught off-guard but quickly 'recovered', "No, but I guess I have nothing better to do." He gave you a bitter looking smile and walked you to the nearest coffee shop.

You were thinking of conversation topics while Joshua was getting coffee. Should you ask him about his favorite animal, or something deeper? Maybe, animals then something more in depth? Possibly animals were the wrong way to start with? Were you thinking too much about this? Yes, that's for sure.

"Alright, here's coffee for you, and a coffee for me." Joshua handed you a coffee as he sat down. You took a sip before you started trying to converse.

Joshua beat you to it, "What do you do for a living?" Well, he went straight for the deeper conversation. Could he be a gold digger? Why else would he ask what you do?

"Well, I... study people." You paused for a moment. He quirked an eyebrow up at you. "A psychologist, yeah."

He leaned over the table and whispered to you, "Oh, really? Cause that's not what I've heard." He leaned back and took a sip of his coffee. "Spy."

Joshua accused you of being a spy. It was rightfully so, seeing as you were one. You had been fired recently, because of not following orders. You weren't in a mafia; if you were you would've been dead.

"I assume you're one as well, then. If you were good, you would already know I'm not in that business anymore." You prepared to leave as you replied to him. There was no point in staying if he was going to be like this.

Joshua grabbed your hand to stop you from leaving, "I just wanted to know if the background info I got on you was right. I got this job from some shitty gang, that I'm not even in, to eliminate you."

Your eyes widened at his words. It was hard to believe that people were still trying to come after you. You never really upset anyone, at least not that you can remember.

Joshua must've noticed the look in your eyes, "Don't worry, my actual boss has no problem with you. Plus, I think you're done playing hard to get and I'm into that."

"Hey, who said I was done with that?" You returned to your joking mood after being sure that you were going to live. "You've got to take me on at least five dates before I even think of playing nice with you, Joshua."

"I might just have to try that, then. Can we call this number one?" He winked at you as he took a sip of coffee.

You rolled your eyes, "I mean, we did have a terrible talk and drink coffee... So, I guess we can call this a first date."

"Great! Here's my number." He took out a pen and wrote on your hand, "Message me whenever and I'll let you know if I've got some free time."

"Who says I'll want to see you again?" You asked as you got up to leave.

Joshua laughed, "You won't be able to get away from me easily, little runaway."