New Delivery - Vernon

Writing Prompt/Dialogue: "I'm a mailman, okay? I deliver goods, like letters, packages, and such, but I never asked for this, okay?! I never asked to deliver what was apparently an assault rifle and then be yanked into an FBI van and questioned for two hours straight. I DEMAND TO CALL MY LAWYER."

I changed it up a bit, though.

----------------------

You were doing your daily rounds of mail delivery when you noticed an odd looking package. It was your last stop, so you hadn't really paid attention to it until now. It was quite long, possibly it was a children's toy, like a pogo stick?

Well, if it was something bad, the postal inspector wouldn't have given it to you, so there is nothing to be concerned about. Though, it was to be delivered in a bad part of town. You used a map to make sure you knew exactly where the place, so you could be able to drive quickly.

As you pulled up, there was a man standing outside. He didn't seem threatening so you approached him with the package in hand.

"Do you live here? If so, this is your pa-" You were questioning him but he snatched the package out of your hands.

"Mail delivery isn't supposed to come here; so why the fuck are you here?" You started to back away as you thought of an answer. There wasn't anything you could really tell him, besides that you were just doing your job.

"Dammit, it's gotta be Vernon's fault..."  He roughly grabbed your arm, "You're coming with me, you already know too much."

Your power to fight back was useless against him, but you still spoke, "What do I even know? Just let me leave!"

"Definitely no. You either comply to come with me or I'll kill you, right here, with what's in the package." He held the box up to bring your attention to it.

You were about to kick him in the knees, but he brought out a knife. Thankfully, he just used it to cut open the box; you weren't thankful for what he pulled out, though.

"Holy hell, why did the post office let me deliver a huge gun?" You almost fell back but the man pulled you forward more.

"I guess Vernon has a few connections at your office. Are you still thinking about running away? Cause it clearly isn't happening. Let's go." He brought you in front of him and held your hands on your back with one arm. In the other, he held the gun.

You forcefully walked into the building, which looked like a house instead of an office building. Maybe it is, but it didn't really matter to you. All that mattered was getting out, but that wasn't going to happen soon.

You were thrown into a room filled with computers. There were so many models and screens, it must have been ridiculously expensive. The man walked in after you, calling out a bunch of names.

You stayed on the ground as another man walked into the room. The first man spoke to him, and you figured out that the new one's name is Vernon. At least that's what it seemed like.

"Seungcheol, we're at home, why are you calling me Vernon?" Vernon's eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"Dumbass..." Seungcheol picked you up off of the ground, "Can you tell me why you ordered an AK-47 from fucking Amazon?" He pinched the area between his eyes in anger.

Vernon's eyes widened as he saw you, "Oh, shit."

"We have a specific dealer, but you went and pulled this shit. Now, I'm going to have to kill... What the hell is your name?" Seungcheol let you stand on your own.

"My name is [Y/N] [L/N] and I do mail deliveries, okay? I deliver goods, like letters, packages, and such, but I never asked for this, okay?! I never asked to deliver what was apparently an assault rifle and then be yanked into a messy home and be murdered!"

Vernon studied you for a moment while Seungcheol laughed, "Well [Y/N], unless you plan on spending the rest of your life in my gang, you can get ready for the grave."

"That could be a great idea, you know? I could most definitely use an assistant!" Vernon spoke up.

Seungcheol squinted his eyes at him, "Yeah, maybe they could help you order off of the right damn person." He rolled his eyes, "You barely even know how to do Hoshi's work, yet here you are. After your shitty job, you expect me to reward you?"

Vernon glanced at you, "...yes?"

"God, I would kill you right now if Seungkwan wouldn't send Hoshi and Dokyeom to kill me." Seungcheol pushed you over to Vernon, "If they get into any shit, I'm coming for both of your necks." Seungcheol slammed the door as he went out.

Vernon finally greeted you with a smile, "That was stressful! Anyway, my actual name is Hansol. Please, be careful with what you do because I'm sure you want to live." He pulled a chair over and sat you down.

"I'm sorry but you no longer deliver mail. You'll be my new delivery person to other gangs we work with. Again, please, don't do things against me behind my back." Hansol sat in another chair next to you.

He looked to you for an answer but you just nodded.

He cracked his knuckles before putting his hands to the keyboard, "Alright, [Y/N]. Let's get to work."