Day by Day - Joshua

"You know, I could try asking S

"You know, I could try asking S. Coups if we could save you from this terrible place."

"There's no way my father would let that happen."

"[Y/N], he isn't even your father!" Joshua yelled out as he stood up from the harsh, rocky ground.

It seemed like you were having this same conversation everyday now. Joshua really didn't like the situation you were stuck in, but you had no desire to change anything. You knew you would die if you tried to leave. Yet, he keeps insisting on pushing you to your death.

"He's the only father I have." You plainly replied, looking up at him.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "You would have an actual father if it weren't for Leeteuk! Why is it so hard for you to understand that?"

It's true, Leeteuk had murdered both your parents at 7 years old. You had seen it with your own eyes, up close and personal. Forgetting it would never happen, but you tried.

You could go weeks without seeing the vibrant blood splatters everywhere, or even months without smelling the terrible scent of iron. Joshua would always bring it up again, though.

"Why do you have to remind me? Do you enjoy my pain that much?" You spat out before retracting your head down between your legs and stomach.

Joshua let out a big sigh before sitting back down on the ground next to you. You felt his arms awkwardly wrap around you as he began to speak, "I care about your safety so much. That's why I want you out of here. It's not healthy, and he doesn't treat you properly."

"Why are you treating me like a child?"

"[Y/N], you are acting like an oblivious little kid right now," He paused as he retracted his arms, "I stay here, day by day, just for you. In hopes that maybe one day you'll let me take you out of this dump, but that day has never come."

You pulled your head back up to look at him, "Joshua, I love you. I never asked you to stay for me, though." You swear you saw a hurt look flash in his eyes as you said that.

He glanced at the road, "Well, [Y/N], I love you too. So, we're leaving right now and you have no choice." Joshua stood up once again, this time grabbing you and bringing you up with him.

"But, I have so many-" He interrupted you by putting a hand over your mouth.

"I don't care. You'll make new friends, a new family. I'll buy you new clothes, new anything. Just come with me, and don't look back." He removed his hand from your mouth and brought it down to your own, firmly grasping it.

You were about to glance behind you before you remembered his words. The words that you should live by.

Don't look back.

You gave Joshua a slight nod, causing him to show a large smile. He immediately started to run, hand in hand with you. The two of you ran and ran, until safety.

And when you went past safety, you ran straight into danger with him. You two were partners in crime, fighting and thieving, day by day. You didn't have to deal with Leeteuk yet, but you knew he would get back to you.

You looked forward to that day, because there was no looking back.

It was your future.