Memories - Joshua

Requested by Erinac34^^--------

--------

Five seconds was all it took for me to lose a love that would last a lifetime.  Five years was how long I had to wait to get my vengeance. Throughout those years, I went crazy. I became exhausted. I ached. Not a day went by where I didn't recall one of my memories with [Y/N]. Each day my empty heart is drenched again, by those tearful times.

Making them, that was joyful. I thought I would be able to speak with them about those memories until we grew old. Like a casual, old mafia couple down the street. I should've known that nothing good lasts in the mafia.

I should've known that EXO would get my information and use it against me.

I should've known that they weren't afraid to quickly end a job. Or a life, for that matter.

And now on this day five years later, I'm standing toe to toe, looking eye to eye, with the exact man who did this to [Y/N]. I felt as if I were in kindergarten again, having an intense staring contest with the biggest kid on the playground. If you had guns in kindergarten, that is.

"Joshua Hong. It'll be my pleasure to finally decapitate you today," The dark haired male laughed, "I'll put your head right next to your precious [Y/N]."

I began to sweat as I jumped at the sound of their name. "Kim Jongin, never let their name run off of your slimy lips ever again."

"If you think you can scare me, you must be crazy. You're a spy, Hong. I could hurt you by poking you with my pinky." Jongin pulled his hand to his pocket, where I assume he kept his gun.

"Don't say something if you can't live up to the promise." I looked back to the boxes in the corner where I knew my backup would be. Generally, the unwritten rules stated that these types of meeting would be one on one.

Luckily, Seungcheol doesn't have us play by the rules.

In a split second, Jongin's gun was raised to my face, but it wasn't long before mine was raised to his as well.

"That doesn't look much like a pinky." I smiled at him, trying to show confidence.

He let out a fake laugh, "And that must be something you don't hear oft-"

"GET DOWN!" I heard Seungcheol's voice yell out. I dropped down as a shot came from behind me.

Another shot could be heard coming right from Jongin. I was too riled up to care.

Jongin and I continued our staring contest as he was dying.

Coughing up a bit of blood, he spoke, "You weak-ass m-" A foot came down on his head and he was done.

"We've been here for five minutes and I'm already tired of his mouth." Seungcheol clicked his tongue. He held out a hand to help me stand up, but I screamed as he pulled.

"What the hell are you doing?" His eyes scanned up my arm and landed on my shoulder, "Holy shit, Joshua, you can't feel that?"

I glanced at my shoulder, but all I saw was red. The unaccounted for bullet had been shot into me. Only now was the pain starting to arise.

I winced, "No, the pain I've felt for years is much worse than this." I brought my hand to my shoulder and gave it a small squeeze, to see how bad it was.

"Seriously?" Seungcheol questioned with a raised brow.

"Heck no! Get me to the hospital or something, quick!" I began to panic. I could feel my muscles tightening as I widened my eyes at him.

He looked down at Jongin's body, "Hey, at least you aren't this guy. You're safe, all because of me!" He gave it a little kick and then helped me to my feet.

"Yeah, if only you could have saved my memories." I sighed as we trudged out of the filthy building.