Apples - Jun

A week a go, you got a new class of kids at your daycare center

A week a go, you got a new class of kids at your daycare center. They were all generally wonderful and got along for the most part. Even when they did fight, it could easily be solved by a nice cookie or a relaxing nap.

However, one kid was constantly acting up, and being a bother to the other children. His parent brought him in late every day, but it wasn't much of a surprise because he didn't look like much of a parent. He looked way too young to have a child that was five and wore way too many chains and spikes. Not that there was anything wrong with what he wore, it just seemed like unconventional clothing for a normal day or life. You had to admit his purple hair was pretty cool though.

Today was the day you were going to tell this man to talk to his kid or they'll have to stop coming here. You were honestly terrified, what if his chains weren't for decoration?

Parents were starting to gather in the room so you said your goodbyes to the kids as they waved their tiny hands around, clutching onto their projects from today.

Only one kid was left, sitting there, eating his sliced apples.

"Jisung, where's your father?" You questioned, not really expecting an answer. He at least shrugged back at you.

Sighing, you leaned against the windows and watched for Jisung's dad. Nearly ten minutes pass before a car pulls into the parking space right in front of you. The purple-haired man steps out and twirls his keys around, smiling straight at you.

You spun around quickly, "Jisung, he's here!" For a moment, Jisung had an ecstatic look until the door opened to reveal his dad. What was wrong?

"Hey-" Was all the man got out before you started talking over him.

"Mr. Park, I'd like to discuss something with you."

The smile that remained on his face turned into a cocky smirk, "Oh yeah? Alright, Miss [Y/N]," He pressed a button on his keys, "Jisung. Go wait in the car."

The child let out a huge sigh and sulked out to the car, alone.

"You're just going to let him go out by himself?" You nearly yelled at him, running back over to the windows to watch Jisung safely get to the car. His father walked up behind you and put an arm around you, showing you that he locked the doors. You internally rolled your eyes at him and walked away, trying to stay professional.

"By the way, my name isn't Mr. Park," he sat down on the windowsill, "I prefer being called Jun, but you can call me Mr. Wen." The stupid smirk never left his face.

You pulled a chair over, sitting a few feet away from him, "I have to be professional but I'd rather not call you mister, after that face you just gave me."

Jun threw his arms up to stretch, "Hey, what ever you prefer Miss. I'll keep my imagination tame for you." He winked at you, making you accidentally flinch and that caused him to let out a laugh.

"Let's move on," You coughed, "Your child has been acting up for the past week. I'm not sure how to... deal with him." You shifted in your chair, feeling bad for basically calling Jisung a problem child.

His smile finally faded, "Yeah, I know he's a little brat but don't talk to me about that. He's not my child, I'm just forced to bring him here because of-" He cut himself off.

Looking like he was now deep in thought, you moved in and waved your hand in front of him.

"Sorry, couldn't think of a good excuse," A sheepish smile came back to his face, "I bring him here because his dad is an asshole that ruined my life so he forces me to do this." There was a mixture of confusion and shock being expressed on your face. He didn't give you enough information to understand, but you feel like you shouldn't question him further.

He broke the short silence, "I could have my... friends bring Jisung but after the first day I didn't want to stop seeing you. Even if I never spoke to you." You couldn't tell if he was joking or not with the stupid smirk that grew back on his face. Either way, you were one hundred percent shocked right now. Your face was burning up, you probably looked like an apple.

You opened your mouth to speak, but no words came out except for some gibberish.

Jun chuckled, "You wanna move on, again? I'll try and talk to Jisung for you, okay?" The stupid smile turned into devilish, "As long as you give me your number." You realized this boy smiled too much. It wasn't a bad thing, but it was a bad thing for you. Bad for your racing heart. His request only made it worse.

"Come on, you gotta at least say one more thing to me!" He begged you as he grabbed your hands and shook them.

"Okay! Okay." You accidentally yelled at him again. It wasn't for a problem this time though. He eagerly pulled out his phone and handed it to you. You hastily plugged your number in and sent yourself a message.

Jun's face went soft for a moment as he looked at his phone but then slid it back into his pocket. "I'd wink at you as I went out the door, but I would really like for you to be alive when I call you later." He stood up and sauntered over to the exit, glancing back to see if you followed behind. You, of course, did out of common courtesy.

"I could tolerate it, but- ya know- maybe it's best that you don't!" You smiled at him as he opened the door and headed out. He gave a quick wave and then went off.

You tried to make it unobvious that you were looking out the window at him , but you saw Jisung point at you through the dimmed windshield. Jun looks back to the window and breaks his promise to you. The unexpected wink makes you flinch again as you clearly see him laughing.

You'll surely yell at him tonight for that.