Liar Liar - Wonwoo

You can't do it anymore

You can't do it anymore. Everything became too painful. The way he lied to you. The way he told you everything was fine. These were terrible businesses you were both in, but you couldn't help it. You were forced into your job, and you found out that he was the same way.

How could such a smart person like him be forced into the mafia? How could an amazingly bright, alluring boy have such a dark future ahead? These questions went through your mind as you waited for him to return to your table at the restaurant. Pulling your badge out of your bag, you gave it a harsh look.

This poor guy was really in love with a monster like you, and the worst part was you were beginning to love him back. Your fellow agents would definitely be disappointed in you for this, but did they really matter? Can you even be sure of what matters in this situation?

"Hey, are you alright?" Wonwoo asked as he sat down, "You look stressed-'

You stopped whatever he was going to say with a loud sigh, "I'm fine, I've just got a lot on my mind." Wonwoo raised an eyebrow at your answer, but knew he shouldn't question you any further.

He looked around the restaurant, and his eyes stopped on your fidgeting arms. "What are you holding?" He asked inquisitively. He sat up a bit to try and peer over the table, but with no avail.

"Oh, it's just my wallet. No big deal!" You squeaked out. Your acting skills have gone down the drain ever since Wonwoo came around. He could definitely see right through you right now, you were sure of it.

"Do you not trust me?" His endless questions continued, getting deeper every time. How were you supposed to answer that?

You squinted your eyes at him as he looked as if he really expected an answer. Figuring he wouldn't get one soon, he rested his head on his hands.

Letting out a few 'um's' before responding, you sighed once again, "Of course I do! Why wouldn't I?"

"Because you've told me almost nothing about yourself, however, I already know enough about you. I can see why you wouldn't wanna tell me," Wonwoo paused as a smile grew on his face, "It's nice to know that the government cares about such a small gang like mine."

All you could do was stare at that smile that stayed on his face. It's like the corners of his lips were trying to come back down into a frown, but the smile never left. Did you break him?

"You thought you could get me?" His eyes began to look glassy, "I'm not an idiot, I wouldn't fall for such an easy target!"

You could feel yourself beginning to tear up at this point as well. Why did you accept this job? There's no way you would be able to get any reasonable words out in this state.

Wonwoo pressed a napkin against his eyes, "I can't keep lying. But I also can't believe that the one girl I fell for would be the one I had to torture the hell out of. I hope you're a masochist because that'll make this a lot easier for me."

You felt hands on your arms as you looked up from his lips, to his eyes. They bore holes in your own, forcing all of your tears and emotions to come out.

"I love you too." Was the one thing you managed to say before being dragged away. The connection between your eyes never broke, but the connection of your relationship would never be the same.