Freak Accident - Mingyu

The relationship you had with Mingyu was very special in many ways

The relationship you had with Mingyu was very special in many ways. Most people would call you inseparable, and you used to agree. Of course, you had complications like any couple, but
you got over them so easily. It was like you never had problems.

You two were like the perfect couples on TV commercials. You didn't lie to each other, and you didn't keep things from one another. At least that's what you had thought.

One cursed day, you were casually walking through the alleyway where you had first met Mingyu. Like any normal person, your feet got tired after a while so you decided to take a break inside one of the nearby abandoned buildings.

As soon as you opened the door, you realized the huge mistake you made. Going into old buildings was never a good idea when gang activity was high around the area. Apparently, gang activity was also high in your own relationship.

There was a gunshot right as you opened the door. Instinct would tell you to run away, but your feet wouldn't move. The gunman was looking right at you.

It wasn't a stranger, it was Mingyu. The man bleeding out on the ground cried for help, but you couldn't do anything. Mingyu walked towards you, but you ran away. After that day, you never saw him again.

At times, it felt like he was there. You ignored the feeling, though, and that lead you to someone new.

Changsub was your new Mingyu, and you even ensured that he wasn't in the mafia. Everyday of your life for the next three years was the true vision you had of perfect. The dates, proposal, planning, just everything you ever wanted.

It was all going right, until the actual wedding came. Half of your guests weren't there yet, the food was going to be late, and Changsub had to work.

Because of all of this, you spent nearly an hour crying in your changing room.

"[Y/N], open the door." A slightly familiar voice called out as you heard a knock. Assuming it was one of your family members, you swung the door open with a bitter smile.

The smile fell as soon as you saw him, "Mingyu, you weren't invited."

"I invited myself." He pushed through the doorway and sat in the chair where your mother was supposed to be.

"Get the hell out of here." You said plainly. Mingyu shifted in his seat, but did no more. "You being here only makes this day twice as bad."

The corners of his lips turned upwards, "How can that be when I've been with you for the past three years?" You looked at him with scornful eyes. Who does he think he is?

"If that's some stupid way of saying that you've been stalking me all these years, I will call the police right now."

He let out a chuckle, "Babe, you and I both know that won't work," He stood up in front of you, "but go ahead, try it." The way he towered over you made you feel absolutely powerless. You couldn't move, no way were you going to reach for your phone.

"Good girl, that's what I like to see. Now, where's your precious little fiancé?"

Tears began filling up your eyes, "He-"

Mingyu rolled his eyes, "I'm kidding, I know he's supposed to be at work."

His odd tone gave you the confidence to take a small step back. Mingyu's eyes darted around the room and landed back on you after a moment. He shot a 'friendly' grin at you.

"Okay, you got me," He sighed in obviously fake defeat, "The taxi that picked him up this morning blew into pieces." Your eyes widened at his words. "Oh, yeah. All over the news, didn't you see? They called it a freak accident!"

You knew he was lying. You could always tell by how painfully evident he was. "Mingyu, the only freak accident here is you!" At this point, waterfalls were pouring out from your eyes. He tried moving closer to you, but you reached for a vase.

"I swear, if you don't leave right now, I will break this over your head and jam the glass into you." All of this was an empty lie, as you were once again afraid to move.

Mingyu swiftly moved closer to you and took the vase. He raised it up to take a good look at it and then he threw it. It hit the ground, shattering into a million bits around your feet.

"Gonna jam those into me now?" His mood had violently changed, "Now, let me jam you into my car so I can take you to your new home," He took a long pause to admire you, much like the vase. "The basement."